Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I changed the fuel feed line and thought I would snap off a few pictures. Seems like when you make over 450 rwhp then spray it it taxes the test port too hard when the solenoids first open up. Fuel pressure doesn't drop over the run but momentary spikes (or drops) when the nitrous first hits. What I did was tap into the fuel system at the tank. This keeps the 8 foot of 3/8's line from spiking when the solenoid first opens. Its almost like having a fuel accumulator up front.

I used a High flow Y, two GM female 3/8 fuel line fittings, a female union and about 8 feet of -6 AN Teflon lined hose. You can use rubber stainless hose here but the Teflon does a much better job for fuel in my opinion. Regular stainless hose will sweat fuel smells.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Hey guys, I changed the fuel feed line and thought I would snap off a few pictures. Seems like when you make over 450 rwhp then spray it it taxes the test port too hard when the solenoids first open up. Fuel pressure doesn't drop over the run but momentary spikes (or drops) when the nitrous first hits. What I did was tap into the fuel system at the tank. This keeps the 8 foot of 3/8's line from spiking when the solenoid first opens. Its almost like having a fuel accumulator up front.

I used a High flow Y, two GM female 3/8 fuel line fittings, a female union and about 8 feet of -6 AN Teflon lined hose. You can use rubber stainless hose here but the Teflon does a much better job for fuel in my opinion. Regular stainless hose will sweat fuel smells.

Good thing you only make 447 rwhp!
:D

J/k .... nice work

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
alvin can you get the parts?? Id rather just buy everything off of you and just install and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sure I can get them in all DIY form. The only thing I didn't like is it was super hard to push the female GM quick disconnect over the factory plastic male coming out over the tank. I measured it and it was a couple thousands off.. I don't know if I just got a wierd one or the plastic made it hard to push it on. If your interested I can put together a parts list for you to make it yourself. It totally solves the little lean spike and low fuel pressure when grabbing fuel off the rail for a wet shot.

You guys want me to put a little DIY kit together? Some un cut line, the fittings, and a simple diagram. I can make it an option when buying the nitrous bracket from us.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Sure I can get them in all DIY form. The only thing I didn't like is it was super hard to push the female GM quick disconnect over the factory plastic male coming out over the tank. I measured it and it was a couple thousands off.. I don't know if I just got a wierd one or the plastic made it hard to push it on. If your interested I can put together a parts list for you to make it yourself. It totally solves the little lean spike and low fuel pressure when grabbing fuel off the rail for a wet shot.

You guys want me to put a little DIY kit together? Some un cut line, the fittings, and a simple diagram. I can make it an option when buying the nitrous bracket from us.
It's a good idea for the guys over spraying past 550 at the wheels. :cheers1:

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS 2wd
597 Posts

I'd love to see a diy kit from u. It would make me feel much more comfortable going up to a 150 shot

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
alvin pm sent. I need to do this after what I saw on dyno today.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
anyway you can add this to your store section?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
he thought of this stuff just trying to keep the sale with him.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
ORDERED thanks again alvin. Hopefully hit our goal of 585/585 on a 100 shot on 91 octane and no lean spike with this set up.

btw is -6an coming out correct to the fuel solonoid for the.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts