Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my tune dialed for elevation, but I need help with changing the low altitude stuff and have no idea what to do. I know the stock low/high alt. switch occurs at 7500ft. or so, and I want to adjust that so when I go below 3000ft. I have almost like a dual tune setup...

anyone want to tell me, or is this really necessary? I just notice I have wierd torque drop from 4800-redline when im down in Sac or SF...

Steve

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Barometric pressure modifiers/multipliers would come in handy. Have you logged this PID in reference to your different locations/elevations?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Get some logs and plot fuel trim error vs. VE and MAF tables high and low.

Also be wary about how much timing you can fit at altitude.. When you come back down you might get some knock you didn't get before.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts

Also be wary about how much timing you can fit at altitude.. When you come back down you might get some knock you didn't get before.
Yeah but I believe there is a knock sensor sensitivity setting based on barometric pressure. Do you think that would be effective? Alvin, do you tune VE? How?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I would tune the spark w/ the knock sensors. Unless the engine cannot be optimally timed for reasons like compression, octane limitations, etc. it will typically make the most power not near the advance it starts to knock.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I can tell you in stock tuning, I was hitting 8.9 degrees of KR and I have dialed everything in to where I am almost never hitting any KR, except for some false knock erratically. I believe my timing is hitting 36 degrees consistently at full timing. I will make some logs and see what is going on, but I really need to dial in some low/high tuning because it pulls like a raped ape at sea level except for that flat spot in first gear from 4800-redline.

The only VE table I have changed is the Maximum VE Table. I have played with all the airflow vs. _______ tables and have found it to be very helpful in gains. I haven’t been on the AWD dyno since I’ve done all this, but I will be down doing that soon.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can I send .tun files or log files from EFILive to either of you for verification that I am doing things right (just to be sure)???

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
I was just offering my ftp as storage space for ya..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts