Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace the battery twice in the past 3 or 4 months, i believe its now the alternator that is bad because the the battery will start the car for a few weeks and all of sudden randomly the next morning it won't start. There are no lights on or anything else drawing power that i can tell. Going to test with a meter when i get home didnt have a chance to do it before leaving this morning for work.

Thoughts on this guys!?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
I had the same problem. It would start fine for weeks and then the battery was dead. I did a couple of things. First I replaced the ignition switch, about a 20 minute job. The I found my rear wiper was not working. I found if it would not go into the proper park position it would keep trying and drain the battery. I replaced the rear wiper switch, very easy and cheap to do. Then I added a battery charge harness and it sits next to the left front headlight. I can just plug it in to a 5 amp charger in the garage. I also have a new rear wiper motor coming and I will replace that in a few days. However since I changed the two switches I have not had the dead battery problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem. It would start fine for weeks and then the battery was dead. I did a couple of things. First I replaced the ignition switch, about a 20 minute job. The I found my rear wiper was not working. I found if it would not go into the proper park position it would keep trying and drain the battery. I replaced the rear wiper switch, very easy and cheap to do. Then I added a battery charge harness and it sits next to the left front headlight. I can just plug it in to a 5 amp charger in the garage. I also have a new rear wiper motor coming and I will replace that in a few days. However since I changed the two switches I have not had the dead battery problem. Good luck.
Now that you said that, my rear wiper isn't working either, but its not making any noises or sounds like the motor is on or trying to move. I have to figure it out sooner than later, i am first going to test the alternator when i get home to see if thats the problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
117 Posts
My rear wiper motor is not making any noise either. I read that it may just cycle on and off trying to park and drain the battery.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My rear wiper motor is not making any noise either. I read that it may just cycle on and off trying to park and drain the battery.
Interesting, my dads yukon back in the day rear wiper went out and you could hear it making noise even after the car was off and parked.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,083 Posts
Now you have me thinking, my rear wiper also not working since i bought it 4yrs ago, changed the ignition switch and checked for draw.. since then I gave up and just keep a charger plugged in under the hood, have not cared about the draw since i gave up.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts