Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:dunno:When my truck is at a stop or near a stop and I give it WOT truck stalls as if its being flooded or isnt getting any fuel... Also truck revs high and isnt very smooth.... Question is what to trouble shoot; cleaned MAF, K&N,THROTTLE BODY, AND ran injector cleaner many times.....
truck doesnt want to drive right off the line??!! HELPPPPPPPP

also had it at the dealer for them to change the rollover sensor and they said running there engine cleaner would fix the hesitation but I wasnt about to pay what they wanted!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@The Grease Monkey
Thanks man, im going to try that tomorrow... also wanted to add bottom end just isreally boggy all together... if im cruising bout 15 mph and then gun it; its boggy all the way until almost shift and then seems like it gets what it needs and drives smooth... anooying:kissass:

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Clean the MAF, use MAF cleaner, not brake cleaner. If that works great, if not, might be the TB going? Is your check engine light on? If so, scan for codes. My be is on the MAF.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
If you have a K&N Filter your probably leaning out like mine did stock with a K&N. More air needs more fuel. Get a tune.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Not tuned correctly would be my guess as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:ss-smiley:well the K&N is just the fipk.... NOT THE WHOLE cai.... Also I claned the MAF with the proper cleaner....Going to try tomorrow and see if the MAF is bad...if not then my bet also lies with the tune... btw thanks guys!!!!!
Shes gettin heads and cams shortly... /jerk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
321 Posts
:ss-smiley:well the K&N is just the fipk.... NOT THE WHOLE cai.... Also I claned the MAF with the proper cleaner....Going to try tomorrow and see if the MAF is bad...if not then my bet also lies with the tune... btw thanks guys!!!!!
Shes gettin heads and cams shortly... /jerk
How many cams you plan on installing?:cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@1BADLS2 :biteme: lol
@RJA not taking it out of the equation, just thought that to be asolid way to check at home.... if there are more ways of doing this at home I am willing to listen thanks man
@HiHosilver yea pretty much like that one, if I take off fast, yet being kinda easy on the throttle it doesnt do it as noticable... like RJA said does sound like a MAF problem... whats ur theory friend?!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I dont know a whole lot, but what I would do is contact Joe- LeftCoast32 and ask him (that is his truck in the video), see if it is a tune issue or what? Maybe see if his truck still does that, is it normal? If not, what did he do to correct the issue. That is what i would do.

If i rev mine from idle, a quick stab of the gas pedal, it will hesitate just a little, almost like that. But not on launch.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts