Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the alignment shop is having an issue with the camber on my ss. i have the beltech springs and 22" wheels on but they say they can't get the camber even close. i can post the numbers if this helps. anyone know how close i can get to spec? cuz these tires are a little pricey to replace.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
the alignment shop is having an issue with the camber on my ss. i have the beltech springs and 22" wheels on but they say they can't get the camber even close. i can post the numbers if this helps. anyone know how close i can get to spec? cuz these tires are a little pricey to replace.

wow umm never heard of that before. Make sure they are doing this. Honestly you might need a pry bar to bring them in all the way no joke

Here is something i use to get a ruff estimate down on what to do,

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
GabSS,

I have the 265 40 R22 tires with 22x9.5 rims on my SS. This is the Alignment sheet i have for my SS. I have never had any issues with anything if you give this paperwork to your shop to go by. I don't have the Belltechs, but the Kbee coilovers. Iam 31 inches ground to fenderlip in front and 30 3/4 in rear measuring from ground to fenderlip. Not to sure if your lower, but these are my specs.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
No you align it with the 22's on, lol. Isn't that the whole purpose when aligning a vehicle with new rims/tires? lol.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
No you align it with the 22's on, lol. Isn't that the whole purpose when aligning a vehicle with new rims/tires? lol.

I know that.. i was asking cuz the place i go to, they can only do up to 20" wheels & i wanted to get my truck aligned with the 22's on, maybe the dealer can do it for me.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Hey GABSS,

Is your SS an 06 or 07? I've had a few guys that bought my collars latly having some problems with alignment too and it makes me think that it might just be something that they have changed on the 07's. Hope that you can get it figured out!

God Bless!

Scott

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
I have an 07 with 22s and your collars and my numbers are -1.2 and -1.4. That is as close as we could get it. I am going to get the A arms from DJM to help this problem.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Hey GABSS,

Is your SS an 06 or 07? I've had a few guys that bought my collars latly having some problems with alignment too and it makes me think that it might just be something that they have changed on the 07's. Hope that you can get it figured out!

God Bless!

Scott
ive noticed different spring numbers on some but upper and lower a arms seem the same. Ill look into this more. Ill try to get a manual that lists the part numbers for the 06 and 07 upper and lower a arms, and also the strut mount to see if anything has changed.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
I have an 07 with 22s and your collars and my numbers are -1.2 and -1.4. That is as close as we could get it. I am going to get the A arms from DJM to help this problem.
Hey Mike,

Yeah that will take care of the alignment problem. I can't under stand why some have had this problem all at once. I read on the other site that one of the guys over there took his SS in to have the alignment checked and it was barely in speck and hadn't even been lowered.

God Bless!

Scott

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine is an 06. but i think i'll get the DJM's, cuz tires are pricey. just the winter 20's were almost 1400.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
so noob questions.... just for the record i can expect alignment problems whether i use belltechs or collars correct. but the DJM a arms will correct this without lowering more than the springs.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
balls. sometimes they do sometimes they dont. the 06s ive done have had no probs but the djm a arms do help yes.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Hey Balls,

The DJM kit will lower your SS 2" by them self. I have the DJM kit on my SS now and I'm about to order coilovers to go with them to drop it even more.

God Bless!

Scott

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought a set of the 4207 springs and they are on the way. Putting them on my 07. Hopefully won't have alignment issues but if I do, I'm still waiting on the verdict for the DJM kit, if nothing else, I will try to buy just the upper arms as I don't want a huge slam. I'll let you know when I get them in and get it aligned.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
1,133 Posts
How much shorter are the DJM A arms? When the A arms are shortened on AWD's aren't you gonna put extra stress on the AWD front shafts by pushing them in toward the bearings? How much tolerance +/- do you have on the shaft bearings? Looks like there may be some issues.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts