Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I got in my TB (2008 NOT SS) and cranked the air up the other day and it started out fine. A minute later the air stopped blowing. The air was still cool but not blowing like it should be. A minute later the air come on for about 10 seconds and turns off again. It did this for the next 30 mins till I got home.

The next day it did the same thing.

Today it isnt working at all.

Thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
I had a similar problem. They replaced a resistor for the system.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
Blower control module? I think gmpartsdirect.com has them for 68 bucks, very easy to change out under the pass dash behind the glove box

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ill check them out.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Check the pressures, if it drops to around 20ish, your low on freon. Thats my bet.
Its normal for R134 to leak up to .25lb a year. It is smaller in makeup than the old R12, and will escape easier from seals, and hoses where they are clamped.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Low freon would stop the fan from blowing?

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
The way i read it; as is the air blows cold then stops blowing cold and blows warm then blows cold again. cold,warm,cold,warm

Not the fan works; then not.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Low freon will not stop the fan from blowing. I thought you meant it got warm. If it is intermitant with the fan being on, thats an intermitant open somewhere. Possibly a bad or relay that is going. Very strange for the fan to be intermitant.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Sounds like it was the fan speed that was changing... Not the temp. Sounds like the blower motoro resistor. VERY common failure (we sell tons of them). Buy an RU-377 from Standard! (Who I work for ;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.