Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the rear air ride??? I'm looking into installing a switch that i would mount next to compressor switch to dump the air in the bags after towing for easy release of the hitch. Just need to know what colors the wires are and how it works.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks but i dont see the exhaust solenoid

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
There is no external wiring that controls the exhaust valve solenoid. Its done internally. You would need to disassemble the compressor assembly and attach wires directly to the exhaust valve solenoid and then connect that to a relay and have your switch control the relay.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
It may also be an option to just buy a valve and install it inline and control that with your switch instead of trying to control the oem valve.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are two lines that go into the compressor so i would need to buy to vavles

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
If you wire up an exhaust solenoid to drop the rear, wouldn't the air compressor just kick back on since the level sensors are feeding back to the compressor? Seems like you would just be fighting the system? Unless you can wire a disconnect to the level sensors while its airing out?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
It would be easier to wire in a potentiometer to the sensor circuits, then adjust each independently with two knobs in the passenger compartment. Or you could use a double potiometer (aka: cheap car stereo volume control) to control both at once. Then you could brag like the Hummer owners...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be easier to wire in a potentiometer to the sensor circuits, then adjust each independently with two knobs in the passenger compartment. Or you could use a double potiometer (aka: cheap car stereo volume control) to control both at once. Then you could brag like the Hummer owners...
More on the double idea??????

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts