Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TBSS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering were to start to get this taken care of. The truck will pump the bags up fine and everything is fine while driving but, if the truck sits overnight or for like 6 hours the bags will deflate. Has anybody had this problem?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
are they deflating all the way?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Wondering were to start to get this taken care of. The truck will pump the bags up fine and everything is fine while driving but, if the truck sits overnight or for like 6 hours the bags will deflate. Has anybody had this problem?
Yea Chris, mine is doing that exact same thing now for the past month or so. Been told its the seal in the air lines-now what and where that is, thats another story.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
TBSS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bags are deflating all of the way. It's not really that much of a problem now as they pump right up without issue and it seems to take some time for them to deflate so there are no issue's driving the truck. I would just like to start looking into it before a small leak turns into a big leak. Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
All the way to the bump stops deflated. Only 1" from fenderwell to tire deflated.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Drop the compressor (leaving it attached) turn on the pump switch and spray some soapy water on the fittings. Don't soak it though.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Just got my SS a few weeks ago. My rear bags are leaking too apparently, about an inch of space between tire and fenderwell in the mornings when I go to work.

Don't want to hijack this thread but...

I really like way the SS rides and don't want to change ride height, but I can't help to think that when I go to fix this issue that there is a better than OEM solution that will not alter the way the vehicle rides too much.

·
Registered
TBSS
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem went away for a couple of weeks or so and then came back last night. I checked the fittings on the compressor and didn't see any leaks. Strange that the problem would come and go for days and even weeks. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
IMO ditch the bags and go with the DJM shocks/coils combo ride feels good and no more adjusting of those sensors ever again

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Mine deflate all the way to the bump stops
I don't want to loose my towing so no springs for me. Having the Scott's rods helps a lot. When i get some time i am going to take them out off and check all the fittings. I know when my slicks would deflate i would put some baby powder in them and it would help.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
I walked out one morning, the whole right side of my blazer was sagging 1.25 inches. Took it to the dealership and turned out it was a hole in my airbag and they replaced and life was peachy. 2 days later it started sagging again. Fuck those airbags. My old Tahoe did the same shit.

Tony Norcal shipped me Belltec springs/coils and spacers for LESS than the price of replacing ONE airbag.

Mad-props to Tony NorCal

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
leaky air bags

I have the same problem on my 06, spray some soapy water on the air bag. Found my air bags leaking, I think the rubber is starting to break down

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Check with water in a spray bottle, add 5-6 drops of Dawn dish soap and shake up good, must be sudsy. Then after inflated (start the car, then shut off) go under and spray the bottom plastic piece where the bags meet. Spray the crap out of it and look for bubbles and listen for leaks (garage best, no noise from street). If it is leaking where the bags meet the plastic piece, look in the how to section, I did a write up how to fix them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts