Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know, I know, these questions are numerous, but what I dont see is anyone specifying the type of warranty they have. Mine being different, I have raised a few questions. I'm looking for some info from those who know and have experienced more in this field than I have.

I have an Aftermarket warranty on my truck, that is it is NOT GM Certified Used. This brings about a couple of questions in regards to future Modding plans.

1.) Is an aftermarket company going to be as stringent about mods as GM would?

2.) will they be sent the information regarding whether my computers are tuned or not like GM does before authorizing warranty work?

3.) If I buy a set of computers with a tune and swap them, will they be sent info on Key klicks?

Also, what is considered a key click? ignition to "accessory," to "run" or does the engine actually have to turn?

I'm working on putting together a plan to get my truck where I want it this summer as far as mods go, but am curious as to the answers here first

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
With an aftermarket warranty, you can go to private shops for repairs, They're not gonna scan your truck for a tune...............................................

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
^ that's a lot of these 0

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
Thats harsh to say greg as i work for one of the largest in the industry. We dont make money by denying claims as we will get no new business so i dont get why people think we are all about that. We've paid out over 1 billion dollars in claims in the 30yr history of the company with an A+ BBB rating as well.

if you didnt follow the maintenance guidelines and your engine popped b/c of poor maintenance, look in the mirror before yelling at the warranty company.

if your engine pops and you have an aftermarket exhaust and have done all the maintenance to a T, then expect me to buy you an engine since there is no way i can prove the exhaust caused the failure even though our policies excludes mods.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
Can you/would you be able to prove that a tune caused the problem?
In that case, the shop/you would have to prove otherwise. ill be honest, im yet to catch anyone with a tune during an inspection but i see things that make it hard for me to turn my head.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
it will void warrentys. trust me because if something goes wrong they call the mech and asked what the cause was of it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,842 Posts
What if you buy a used SS that is already modified and the company approves your warranty but then you break something and they see the parts?

·
Garage Queen
TrailblazerSS
2,055 Posts
alright, well any word on the definition of Key clicks?
im curious of the key click theory as well.. i went with the core program from alvin in order to keep my factory computers, in the event that something happened i would swap the computers out.. i have the GMPP extended warranty... if i put the factory computers in when i go in for warranty work.. does the key click theory have any relevence?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts