Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok dont want to put a cross bar on the truck so im looking at GM seats that have the seat belt clip built into the seats. I need seats with good lumbar support and FULL POWER

So im looking at gto seats

OR
CTS-V Recaro Seats

Anyone know of any other seats?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
full power so no cobalts

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
GTO seats are some of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. The CTS-V Recaros look the best but I am sure they are going to cost one are and one leg:2cents:

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
oh gotcha, the camaro ss seats and gto's would prolly be the cheapest ones id guess

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the search starts!!!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are you going to do for seat belts themselves...

there is no mounting locations in our trucks for belts... other than the floor..

dam thats right totally forgot about that dam dont want to do a cross bar.

·
SUVs shouldn't be lowered
2007 TBSS
693 Posts
The GTO seats are by far the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. I don't have a clue how you'd get them to work in a SS though. I did just wreck my GTO so if you get it to work, I might be trying it next.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
why not put a cross bar in tony? Im sure something could be made that is easily removable. Have some solid mounting points welded to the b pillars somewhere and a bar bent up to swoop behind the seats and some sort of way to quick release or easily un bolt.

I think it might not be a bad product to develop for those guys who want to run a race seat for track use and be a little safer than a lap belt. Relatively low cost item to construct...

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
As stated by others the problem is you have no provisions for seat belts. The other problem is that the seat frames need to be custom made.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
with the kirkeys i did for my truck, i had brackets done up to mount the belts right to the floor.

this will pass tech up untill you get to 11.50.... at that point you need a 6 point at the least with a set of belts.

i also did not have a seat back brace... also not required till you get to 11.49 or faster.

i am currently in the works on doing a harness bar for our trucks, trying to figure out now how to mount the bar and have it be un obtrousive for rear seat passengers. you will need to trim interior plastics for the bar... and in all honesty.... we are most likely going to do a bolt in 6 pt bar instead.... as that way you will be legal at 11.49 and also be able to brace an aftermarket seat and also have belts...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
717 Posts
Leftcoast now that is just ballin! Room for you and 2 lady friends

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
What about the seats out of an Escalade? I would assume they would be more comfortable. And seeing as it's GM Truck I believe it has the seat belt built into it as well.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
1) That's a John Deere loving mofo if there ever was one.

2) GTO are very comfortable, but like you said, can't use them.

3) Joe, mind telling us what that cage ran you? Looks EXTREMELY well done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts