Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just want a flex plate that someones used with a yank ptb converter. I dont want any bolt issues or any of that bs.

What flex plate are you guys using??? what bolts?? shim kit??

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
Dang Chris I didn't see that on your website! Give us a run down of the specs between yours and OEM. Weight, thickness, etc. Also, will this fall under your coveted "We dare you to break it" slogan? :muahaha:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Lighter is better

if it is strong enough to hold. Thicker is better for strength. Pick the lightest that you can use for your application!

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Totally agree, however the less the rotational Mass, the quicker it will rev and respond.
It's an SUV.. You want more rotating mass to get the brick off the line..

The heavy models smooth out engine idle with big cams, and offer harder launches and more rpms during the gear shifts. The light weight flywheel models allow for faster turbo spool up and improved engine acceleration, and deceleration for street, circle track and road race applications.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Come on, really. I am totally in agreement with the manual flywheels and weight, but the flex plate weight difference is not that significant when you compare it to a converter that has a clutch.

Maybe an 8"-9" converter without a clutch, but these things with clutches weigh a ton by themselves, relatively speaking.

Also, the heavier flywheels (manuals) help dampen the power pulses when you run big cams and trying to get a streetable idle.

:2cents:

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Rotating mass is just that, you still have to consume more power to turn more weight...period. Not one person can argue this, and that was my point. I agree a heavier setup will help dampen things, however, as you've said, the convertors are heavy enough, so they can help keep things spinning, I'll save as much weight off the flexplate as I can to lighten/or keep it, the assembly as light as possibble personally. You guys probably think adding a couple pounds to each wheel is not big deal too huh.

And TrailLaser,make sure to leave your lifejacket on the boat please, other people might need to use that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
My turn! When you get to a power level that'll require you to go to a plate as strong as Circle Ds there aren't enough place holders after the decimal at any racetrack that'll be able to measure the difference that extra 1.3 lbs made.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts