Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface: I know I know, member with less than 20 posts asking about exhaust...yawn. Search resulted in nothing of material substance.

Anywho, what's the consensus on Aero Turbine mufflers? I know they're expensive, but are they overpriced/hyped? YouTube clips have a few that sound good on a TBSS, Silverado, etc.

What about actual mufflers (ie, 2525 vs 3030) - anyone have input on those?

My TBSS is 100% stock. I would plan on, at least originally, leaving the res on as I do a bit of highway driving. Looking for an aggressive sound that isn't obnoxious, which I wouldn't imagine to be a problem right now. I like the sound of Flowmasters but have read enough of the 'chokemaster' propaganda. Plan on getting a starter kit from pcmforless soon.

Thanks to those of you took the time to read and respond to this, appreciate the guidance/point in the right direction.

tl;dr what do you know about Aero Turbine mufflers?

·
Registered
GMC
499 Posts
Had one on my tbss when I bought. Had a nice deep tone. No resonator either. It sounded good but I wanted quiet so I took it off and installed a magnaflow cat back. Don't get me wrong. It's far from loud. If your interested in one I still have it. Nothing wrong with. Just shoot me an offer.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Check out my exhaust clip post...40 series flowmaster, resonater delete, gutted cats. Sounds bitchin

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Too loud for my taste.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I have a 3030 on mine and love it. I would keep your resonator though as it does drone a good bit. Have they got more expensive now? I only paid $70 for mine a couple years back.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Got the 3030xl with no resonator and its screaming loud at wot. If you keep your foot out of it you can barely hear it. You would have to hear it in person youtube doesnt do justice to this muffler. I paid 200 at the time for mine and they sent me a free 4 inch tip, idk if they are still running this sale or not. Check out aeroexhaust.com

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Got the 3030xl with no resonator and its screaming loud at wot. If you keep your foot out of it you can barely hear it. You would have to hear it in person youtube doesnt do justice to this muffler. I paid 200 at the time for mine and they sent me a free 4 inch tip, idk if they are still running this sale or not. Check out aeroexhaust.com
I thought the xl on the end means that there is a resonator built into it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.