Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so first post in the forums section but im on everyday reading over the new posts. but anyways i bought my 06 awd ss just a little bit and its looking like in need of a motor. wasnt really making knocks or ticks but i pulled oil and i saw a good amount of metal flake and its not looking good so i got it over at a very reptutpable shop in monroe wa. its mostly all bottom end so heads and top end should be ok.

so my advice im in need of is what to do and where to go for a good block maybe a stroker 408? seems to be the choice for this. im not gonna do to much top end work at the moment sense ill probably do it later down the road. just a good basic start for a good bottom end motor built right and to last. its going to be my daily so any options or even anyone selling please let me know.

also i do plan on doing all the pcmofnc good beginner mods as well

thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Largest you can go on an aluminum block is 402 without issues, iron can go up to 408.

Really depends what your goals and budget are.

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Matt, shoot me a text tomorrow and we can figure it out. I've been meaning to stop by and see Ellis' shop and you're more than welcome to look over my setup and go for a ride and see what you think.

I have a build thread on here but it really boils down to your budget. I daily mine as it is as well.

360-441-5277

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Largest you can go on an LS2 aluminum block is 402 without issues, iron (LQ4/LQ9) can go up to 408.

Really depends what your goals and budget are.

Fixed. ;) Physically you can go larger than that but it's not recommended.

What does Ellis say?

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
I will always recommend Leading Edge Performance to build a motor.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Forge it from the start and adress ring gap now if planning FI down the road. Think long term or it gets expensive doing it twice. So if your even thinking 3-5 years out spraying or FI, do it all now. G/L

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys looking like i may be selling it just not sure if i can bite off what i wanna do with it at the moment so thinking of selling it as a half roller. and getting one already done. cant afford to cash out on everything that makes sense to do while the motors out. it runs and drives fine and everythings still in it but i saw metal in the oil when flushing it out 3(drain fills) and havent touched it sense. if anyones lookin for a 06 awd that may need some motor work pm me im Selling it cheap

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Why not just replace the bottom end for right now and just put your heads and everything else on and go with it. Forge the bottom end , at least that gives you a good building point to go from there as funds allow.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would if i had the time or money but at the moment just dont have ethier. first kid on the way with marriage and house buying coming shortly to its hard to budget anything haha

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Good luck Matt. Holler if you need a hand. No homo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts