Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the problem that I've been having with the rods work out. I'm having them made up at a machine shop now. They work best if you put the rubber ends on the rods and thread them in so that they are as short as they will go. After that you will install the rods and set you ride sensors at a height just under where you want your SS to ride. Then you can raise the height of your SS by lenghtening the rod a little at a time which will raise your SS. It will be best if you just turn it about a half a turn at a time and then drive it and see where it raises to. These rods will make it much easier to set the ride height.

I have a new batch of rods in and I'm getting $30 for a set. If you want a set just send the $$$ to my paypal account at: [email protected].

Here are a few pics of them installed. I'll get some better shots and explain how to take your rubber ends off of the plactic rods which you will need to reinstall on to the adjustable rods.

To install these you'll need to remove the rods from your sensors and control arms. You do this by just prying the rubber boots off of the sensors and controll arm's with a small screwdriver. After you get them off, you'll need two small screwdrivers, two large screwdrivers and some lubricant. Push the two small screwdeivers into one of the boots 180 deg's apart and spray the lunricant into the boot. At the same time place the two large screwdrivers into the eyelets of the rubber boots and just pull on them. They should come apart pretty easy. After you get one of them off, then you'll also need a pair of plyers to pull the other boots off. Once you get both boots off then you just push the new adjustable rods into the boots. The boots have little teeth on the inside that will bit into the threads on the rods and so there isn't any need for a jam nut. Thread them in until the rods are as short as they will go. Reinstall them on your SS and now you'll need to adjust the sensors to just under where you want it to set and start lenghtening the rods out to fine tune your ride height.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
Awsome work Scott!

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guy's,

I'm still waiting on the machine shop for the rods. They were suppost to be done three weeks ago, but I haven't gotten them yet. I'll give them a calll on Monday and see where their at on getting them done. I'm really sorry about the delay. Hope that you understand.

<"(((><

Scott

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
money sent. i hope that was including shipping- i sent $26 for paypal fee's
Barry,

I got your payment, but the mackine shop only made up 5 pairs of the rods. I should have somemore in a few days. I'll get back to you soon. $25 was enough, I'll drop a $ in the envelope with the rods when I send them to you.

Thanks and God bless!

Scott

1 - 20 of 483 Posts