Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding the sonnax servos, I have a stock trans with 43k on it. Can i add these with out a problem or ?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Sure you can I did the vette servo from circle D made it shift firmer.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Sonnax Servos are a great choice over the corvette Servo and you should have no issues or problems.. check out these links and Part Summary for more info to help with your decision.

2nd Gear "Super Hold" Servo
http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/high-performance-transmission/parts/2012

4th Gear "Super Hold" Dual Servo
http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/high-performance-transmission/parts/2010
EDIT: nvm i see you gotta do 2 of them for 2nd and 4th

Who can i get them from

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Just do the vette servo for now and when you build the tranny then do the sonnax servos.:2cents:

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just do the vette servo for now and when you build the tranny then do the sonnax servos.:2cents:
i guess once i figure wat price difference is go from there. is the sonnax gonna be rougher on the trans causing a higher rate of failure?

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
467 Posts
I am going to switch out my vett servo to sannox in feb so after that i can give you some info on the differance.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
i guess once i figure what price difference is go from there. is the sonnax gonna be rougher on the trans causing a higher rate of failure?
Remember you always get what you pay for with aftermarket parts. People commonly mistake the design flaws of the fairbanks servo to the sonnax just because they are both made of "billet". However, they could not be more wrong.

Sonnax's product line is all about taking the operation of the transmission and enhancing the operations to make it work better and last longer. Combine that with correct programming and your transmission has a better service life. Obvious abuse and mistreatment can still cause failures though

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
467 Posts
Give fms (262) a call he has a shift kit with the sannox servos,that is what he is going to put in my SS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts