Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my front and rears...plan on installing sometime this month. Didnt get any collars or anything...anything i should know about installing these so that I won't need to go back a month later and add something else or make adustments? It's not easy for me to get under there an do work in the parking lot of my complex so I'd like to nail this down on the first shot.

Should I add the collars or will these not move?
Any particular grease I should I use to reduce/eliminate any sqeaking?

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Bring It To A Shop, You Wouldn't Want A Repeat Of The Panhard Bar Incident.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, no i don't!

i just dont know if i should get some collars for the shop to install as well.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Collars are simple enough that you could always add them later by yourself.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was about to buy them from neverenoughauto.com but another member sold me his brand new set...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,288 Posts
Get the collars an put them on the same time you as when you install the rear sway bar....i installed mine with out collars at first an them damn thing were sliding all over an hitting shit an makein a messed up noice so just do it the right way the 1st time collars are worth it trust me i went thru it all

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
joe if u need a shop my buddy will hook you up. just let me know ill set something up for u pm me

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
I'm sorry I was going to say that they did come with collars but collars were NOT included with the sway bars. I purchased them seperatly. I agree with Aaron get them and have them done at the same time!

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
grainger sell the collars correct??

I used to have a link for the Grainger collars but i cant find it now...the bar is 1.125'' in diameter. anyone have the link for that size bar??? little help??

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those the ones you used?

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are! I actually couldn't get them to fit on the inside of the bushings so I put them on the outside of the bushings and I feel like they will stay better there because they can't go around the bend.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got them on last weekend and love it, shoulda have done this sooner. feels much cleaner on turns and some of the exit ramps on my way to work can be taken a little wuicker cause i feel the truck hugs the road and is flatter than it was before. a definite must upgrade. Plus when i saw the stock rear when we pulled it out and held it next to the new addco i couldnt believe the difference!! it was almost twice the size!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts