Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just found a nice place to add a coouple switches-one for the Trans cooler fan and another for future use.... might as well do both now while its out. I put them in the lights control module and its easy to pop out. Its almost inconspicuous.

and I added this one for my air horns

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice clean install.

Question: Do you have a Gauge to get a Temp reading on your Trans???
And if so, wouldnt you want the Trans Cooler on all the time???
:yay2::yay2::yay2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
Look good! I picked up the same switches for my tb, I was thinking of putting them in the center console, but that looks nice and clear there too.
Nice clean install.

No, you wouldn't want your trans cooler on all the time. You want the trans temp to be right around 175*F since this is where trans fluid is designed to operate.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No, you wouldn't want your trans cooler on all the time. You want the trans temp to be right around 175*F since this is where trans fluid is designed to operate.
Ok, but is there a gauge or reading on the DIC to tell you the temp? Or must you have an aftermarket gauge to obtain this reading?:yay2::yay2::yay2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
Ok, but is there a gauge or reading on the DIC to tell you the temp? Or must you have an aftermarket gauge to obtain this reading?:yay2::yay2::yay2:
You'll need a Dashawk or an Aerforce gauge to be pratical to see it direct from the PCM or install your own temp sensor and mechanical gauge. . You can simply get a obd scanner and look at the trans temp that way.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
I Like It. I Never Would Have Thought Of Putting Anything There.
For My N2O Switches I Took Out The Homelink Garage Door Opener Buttons, Bought A Blank Overhead Consol On eBay And Drilled It Out. Here It Is.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I just found a nice place to add a coouple switches-one for the Trans cooler fan and another for future use.... might as well do both now while its out. I put them in the lights control module and its easy to pop out. Its almost inconspicuous.

That's what I did, one for the trans cooler fan and the other for the efans.

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
I Like It. I Never Would Have Thought Of Putting Anything There.
For My N2O Switches I Took Out The Homelink Garage Door Opener Buttons, Bought A Blank Overhead Consol On eBay And Drilled It Out. Here It Is.

That is sick!! imagine opening the door to a tbss and seeing that!

Nice work brother

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice clean install.

I have an Aeroforce which is set to instant MPG and the trans temp.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump for the first post- edited to show a second pic of the momentary switch I installed on the console arm rest for my airhorn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts