Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average shelf life of
Adams products?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Jason,

I have stuff that is well over a year old, the key is keeping the temp within range. They don't like being below 40 or above 85 for extended periods of time. I believe that was the information Dylan gave me.

Scott

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Ive had mine for over a year and a half ....I keep mine inside the closet (I am not a shoe person...but an adams fanatic) so it's always in the 68-70 range.

I have never had to replace anything because it separated or anything. Only when I run out.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
If you have it still on the shelf after a year.. Than you didn't was your truck enough

·
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
If you have it still on the shelf after a year.. Than you didn't was your truck enough
washing your truck is one thing but you should not have to correct your paint that often.

once or twice a year at most would be the ideal number of times to do a paint correction.

therefore the bottles used for paint correction (which is a LOT) would take a bit of time to be used up.

Now I have refilled my shampoo quite often. LOL

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Brandi,

Way to put the pup in his place...I have plenty of polishes left, just not used as often as the shampoo and vrt.

Scott

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe Dylan can confirm this information.

Dylan, you out there?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
2 years on the high end. Some of the product will last longer than others...heat is a big factor here.

I keep all my stuff inside my house so it's always between say 70-78 degrees. Things to look for if you think the product may be old:

Discoloring
Chunkiness (not separation, but almost curded product)
Original Scent is gone

Is there something specific you were referencing from your question?

Mook

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a guy local that is selling the Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424 Polisher Kit. Problem is, its the older version PC, not the XP and the seller said it was a NIB older kit from a couple of years ago that he never used. I'll prob just end up buying a new kit from Adams, its a much safer bet. No need to waste my money on old junk.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
What Adams products are you guys using? Please be specific in describing the use and purpose of each product. Getting ready to buy and need some info. THANKS:biggrin2:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
I have used more products than I can summarize "quickly"
The web page and forum describes it all and then some.
The video's are amazing.

Mook/Dylan will get you taken care of if you need anything. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts