Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I placed an order for some polishes from Adam's on Tuesday around 6pm (EST) - chose 2nd Day Air so it would be delivered by Friday. To my delight, Adam's packaged and shipped my entire order that day. I received everything yesterday (Thursday)! Hooray!

Anyways, here is what I got:

3 Sprayer Pack (to replace broken sprayers)
Revive Polish
Buttery Wax
Detailing Clay
Brilliant Glaze
Super VRT/All-Purpose Cleaner Combo
2 Americana Wax Applicators
1 Blue Applicator
1 Yellow Applicator

I started going through all the items and I noticed "Japan" was written all over the clay bar wrapping so I thought, "Hmm, I thought Adam's was a large proponent of products from the USA."

Just out of curiosity I gave Adam's a call to inquire about why the clay came from Japan. Ring. Ring. "Hello, this is Adam." I was caught off-guard because I thought the guy said "...this is Adam's" - there is no way I could just call the regular number and get the owner...

It was Adam and he did answer the phone (as it turns out, he sometimes does). I posed my question about the clay's origins and Adam was very eager to guide me through the ENTIRE origin of detailing clay (which I found incredibly informative, including discovering the stock prices of various companies). Adam even explained how the average income for the workers from the companies where some of his non-USA-origin products are comparable to USA wages.

Adam and I spoke for just shy of 15 minutes - I tried to let him go after he mentioned a vendor of his had arrived but he was so excited about our topic that he wouldn't seem to let me go! I enjoy speaking with people that are as passionate about their products as I am about mine.

Fast forward to tonight...

I just spent the past few hours washing, clay'ing and polishing my 9-7x Aero. It is amazing what the clay removes from a vehicle's body panels... She certainly looks beautiful! I have a perfect mirrored reflection off every panel. I will apply the Buttery Wax tomorrow morning in my garage (to stay out of the sun) as well as the Super VRT to the trim, plastic panels and tires.

All in all, I am incredibly happy with an owner answering his own phone and not brushing a customer off. I am psyched with Adam's products and the finishes they produce. I am more psyched at the incredibly fast shipping (at a time when everything I seem to buy doesn't ship until a week later).

Thank you Adam and thank you for your passion!

*Pics to come...

**I just placed another order for some more waterless wash! WOOT! I love the Daily Specials!

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Very cool! I love all the Adam's Line.
I've talked to Adam via email about searching for the perfect bicycle after Dylan said he was VERY knowledgeable about them.

Hopefully it's not too hot where you are. We are over 110 with heat index...so my baby girl isn't getting anything this weekend. I'd love to put a good coat of wax on her.

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool! I love all the Adam's Line.
I've talked to Adam via email about searching for the perfect bicycle after Dylan said he was VERY knowledgeable about them.

Hopefully it's not too hot where you are. We are over 110 with heat index...so my baby girl isn't getting anything this weekend. I'd love to put a good coat of wax on her.
Did Adam point you in the right direction for a bike?

Yes, it is very hot - today's heat index was also 110... That's why I started clay'ing at 6:30 tonight!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
That is awesome! One more reason to stay with Adams Products!!

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
So now you know the lengthy and convoluted story behind the clay patent in the USA and why we're not allowed to sell our own clay. C'mon patent expiration!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts