Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the line that goes from the ac compressor to accumulator broke and last time i messed with a ac system was on my rx7 about 15 years ago.

Now charge went out and i bought a new line gonna hook it all up and if i remember correctly (the ac refill can has a gauge on it) fill some in make sure it doesn't leak then turn on car and put ac on high if compressor kicks on and off fast means its undercharged and keep filling until the guage shows good and the compressor doesnt click.

Am i on the right track.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
You take it to someone with an evac machine and you have them vacuum test it and then finish the charge...

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
You take it to someone with an evac machine and you have them vacuum test it and then finish the charge...
:iamwithstupid:You have to evacuate all the air and moisture out before charging it. You might want to find someone to do it with the proper machine that would do it if you put the hose on and they will vacuum it down and charge it by weight afterwards.

·
Registered
141 Posts
use the gauges and vacuum pump from a parts store that has rent-a-tool services

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
115 Posts
best to have it done. you need to vac it to get any moisture out of system plus if the amount of freon is incorrect, whether too little OR too much it wont cool properly.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill just replace the hose let shop do the rest.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ss i sold told him ill slap the line in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts