Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 AWD lowered with modified control arms and air bag delete out back. Roughly 106k miles.

I just put a set of 265/50/20s on it and went to have it aligned since I never did it after the lowering kit. Found out I had an inner tie rod, outer tie rod, and 3 ball joints going bad. I replaced all 4 ball joints and the bad tie rods and threw new rotors up front since the stock ones seen better days. Now after replacing all the equipment if I try to take off at all anywhere the service Stabilitrack light comes on and kills all engine power unless Stabilitrack is turned off with the button the shifter. Also after replacing parts when coming to a stop randomly the ABS will kick in with no lights on the dash then turn off and come to a stop finally. When tearing apart the front end found out the wheel speed sensor on the front drivers hub had damaged wiring. Replaced that and issue stands. I pulled the #61 fuse and issue goes away completely.

Sorry for the paragraph. I have searched this quite a bit but haven't found anyone with this exact issue. I have not pulled codes yet. Just wondering if anyone has had this same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
How did you replace the wheel hub wiring? Replacement wheel hub? Or was the issue on the truck side of the wiring?

I just fixed my Stabilitrak active problem this weekend by replacing the connector on the truck side and a new wheel hub.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the sensor that connects to the hub on the drivers side. Ordered a new one. I dont have the part number my dad ordered it. Just unbolted it, disconnected the connector that connects to the frame rail and replaced the way it was installed.

The Stabilitrak active problem previously happened very rarely on me before we started replacing the front end parts mainly in the cold months. After replacing the parts, with the #61 fuse installed and not turning off stabilitrack on the shifter I am unable to drive the truck. If I attempt to give it any throttle like trying to pull out in traffic the "service stabilitrack" message pops up and kills all engine power and the message goes away I give it throttle again and the message pops back up.

Also the ABS issue when trying to stop in slow speeds started the same exact time. The steering wheel being straight or turned does not seems to matter. I was able to recreate the problem attempting to stop in a straight line in a large parking lot. If I am driving and slam on the brakes I was unable to recreate the problem only happens in slow speeds like trying to come to a slow stop at a stop sign.

I am going to check the spare tire air pressure, check all fluids again, and attempt to clean my throttle position sensor tomorrow to see if that helps but I am just confused why it started after installing new front end pieces. I would not be surprised if something was not done correctly but the alignment guy and my dad's mechanic friend double checked my work.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
34 Posts
mine was doing the exact same thing. just kept getting worse and worse. finally i replaced hubs and upper ball joints. problem is completely gone. i think i read somewhere that sensors can be defective even if new. are the hubs torqued correctly?

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
Double check the truck side of the connector. From what I've read, the pins in the connector can back out.

My connector was just cut off altogether by the previous owner and twisted the wires from the hub side and truck side together (smh). I just bought the connector for the truck side from GM and wired it in to plug into my new hub.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double check the truck side of the connector. From what I've read, the pins in the connector can back out.

My connector was just cut off altogether by the previous owner and twisted the wires from the hub side and truck side together (smh). I just bought the connector for the truck side from GM and wired it in to plug into my new hub.

Just to be clear. When you say truck side do you mean past the connecter that mounts to the frame rail going into the conduit that runs back up the frame rail?

That all looked fine at first glance when I replaced the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts