Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im on my way too work this morning and all of a sudden a SERVICE STABILITRAC flashes on the DIC. So i take it in to the dealer for them to look at it. At the same time i told them about a vibration i was feeling. The first time i brought the truck in three weeks ago, three of the wheels weren't balanced at all. So, i got a call from the later in the day that they do feel a small vibration but according to the service writer "it's within spec". Can that be or could this be a problem? should i keep pursing this ?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
"it's within spec

I have read that before and the dealer did not do anything. I personally would take it to a decent tire shop and get a dynamic balance on them and just pay for it. Have the tech wite down the amount of imbalance both inner plane and outer before he adds weight.

So you are saying the dealer says the imbalance caused the ST to act up? Or was that unrelated?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
So im on my way too work this morning and all of a sudden a SERVICE STABILITRAC flashes on the DIC. So i take it in to the dealer for them to look at it. At the same time i told them about a vibration i was feeling. The first time i brought the truck in three weeks ago, three of the wheels weren't balanced at all. So, i got a call from the later in the day that they do feel a small vibration but according to the service writer "it's within spec". Can that be or could this be a problem? should i keep pursing this ?
When I bought my TBSS it had a vibration. It turned out that the tires were within specs but all 4 were out of round. I went through 2 more sets of tires before the were right. :2cents:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read that before and the dealer did not do anything. I personally would take it to a decent tire shop and get a dynamic balance on them and just pay for it. Have the tech wite down the amount of imbalance both inner plane and outer before he adds weight.

So you are saying the dealer says the imbalance caused the ST to act up? Or was that unrelated?
no it wasn't because of the st, according to the dealer the plug that controls the st from the gear shift was loose and caused a bad code. the refasten it and cleared the code and took it on a test drive. if haven't seen the paperwork because i haven't picked it up yet. what i was wondering could it be bad set of tire or tires?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
no it wasn't because of the st, according to the dealer the plug that controls the st from the gear shift was loose and caused a bad code. the refasten it and cleared the code and took it on a test drive. if haven't seen the paperwork because i haven't picked it up yet. what i was wondering could it be bad set of tire or tires?
Its possible. But I have heard about dealers bucking this issue and saying its within spec. I woudnt think twice about taking it to a tire shop.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
was that out of your pocket or did the dealer take care of them?
The dealership took care of it after I took it to a Discount Tire and they did a Road Force Balance on it and found it they were out of round. The dealership also had the Road Force machine but didnt tell me that until after they had to refund me for taking it to Discount.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its possible. But I have heard about dealers bucking this issue and saying its within spec. I woudnt think twice about taking it to a tire shop.
The dealership took care of it after I took it to a Discount Tire and they did a Road Force Balance on it and found it they were out of round. The dealership also had the Road Force machine but didnt tell me that until after they had to refund me for taking it to Discount.
thanks guys .I think i will take it to a tire shop in the morning.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 07
41 Posts
when you felt this vibration was it in the steering or in the pedals or drivers floor?? I have 10k on my 07 and i feel a vibration in the floor and pedals and idea what this is?

·
low and slow
SSBLAZER
2,627 Posts
when you felt this vibration was it in the steering or in the pedals or drivers floor?? I have 10k on my 07 and i feel a vibration in the floor and pedals and idea what this is?
could be the rear diff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts