Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a silly question to ask. But my battery is starting to go. Should I go with one of the Optima batteries? Also when I do change the battery will I have to reset anything? Thanks to everyone who takes time to respond.

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
319 Posts
Optima is proven junk.. In head to head tests, Walmart's everstart brand meets or beats optima in every test. IMO Braille is the best bang for the buck going right now... 15 lb and plenty of starting power for 3 years so far in TBSS, longer yet in other vehicles i own

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,214 Posts
I like Odyssey batteries if you need something with serious juice. I use them in my offroad rigs they aren’t cheap though.

Otherwise most decent batteries like die hard, interstate ect... are comparable.

I have an optima red top in my tbss, haven’t had an issue yet after 1.5yrs of barely being driven. Optima batteries have really gone down hill in the last few years. I had a yellow top from 2008 in my Jeep for 9yrs. It never completely failed it just started cranking slow so I put an Odyssey in.

·
its all good!
Trailblazer SS
4 Posts
Optima is proven junk.. In head to head tests, Walmart's everstart brand meets or beats optima in every test. IMO Braille is the best bang for the buck going right now... 15 lb and plenty of starting power for 3 years so far in TBSS, longer yet in other vehicles i own
I went with a xsess power d3400..BETS investment in the S.S yet- period! ESPECIALLY if u have a system

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,533 Posts
Another Optima hater here....they are not great. Honestly just the AutoCraft gold ones that come from Advance do just fine for us, no need to get fancy.

The only thing you'll need to reset is your clock, everything else will be the same.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
I know this is a silly question to ask. But my battery is starting to go. Should I go with one of the Optima batteries? Also when I do change the battery will I have to reset anything? Thanks to everyone who takes time to respond.
Well when I bought my SS a couple years ago it had an optima battery. Got cold here in Chicago suburbs and it didnt start one day. Never had a problem until that day. Well the old owner had that cover over it and had to cut it a little to hook up the battery cables that were like centered in the middle of battery on the side. Sucked for jumping someone or getting a jump start. Well when I removed the cover I was surprised to see a 2009 sticker on the battery. That battery was 11 years old. it was in a 2007 SS. I probably could of charged it up because then I noticed after new battery was put in my volt meter was acting funny. Alternator regulator was bad. Probably wasnt the battery but I already changed it. Soooo..I dont know about those optima haters. Anyway I just went with Duralast Gold from Autozone. Never had a problem going gold. You get what you pay for. Got an AC Delco alternator though. Guys like them optima batteries for the high power stereo installs. Anyway you should use a memory saver when u change the battery. They got them where you can plug in your lighter socket with a 9v battery or ones that plug into your diagnostic connector. Which is what I did. May not happen to you but if your hearing a loud clicking in your car after the battery change it will be your hvac actuator. The damn things seem to fail when you change a battery. Boy what a bitch it was to replace that mode door actuator. Good luck. Use a memory saver.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
163 Posts
F! Optima. I've probably put 5 SETS of Optimas in my DMAX. Yes, sets, it takes 2. Won't get another.

Costco for batteries. 3 years, no questions asked. Batteries just don't last in the AZ heat.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
934 Posts
I second the Odyssey Batteries. If you plan on having a lot of draw, this is your best bet. I also use these on my off road vehicles. I’ve had one in my 2013 Polaris rzr since new. Still ticking with no problems ever.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

1 - 9 of 9 Posts