Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st would it be a good idea to go with ss braided hoses if so will these fittings work.http://www.sweetperformance.com/product/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=496
2nd what stall are you guys using i dont have anther 1k for a stall i am saving 1k right now to get the crossmember. so would a stock stall frm the dealer be good or no.
3rd where are you guys getting your slip yoke frm an flexplates(is a stock 4l80 flexplate ok)
4th what distick are you using an where are you buying it frm
any help would help me out thanks

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,712 Posts
1. I used braided lines on my 4l80E swap and they are working fine.
2. Yank SC3000. Stock stall will work, but do you really want to drop the trans again later to swap the stall?
3. Phoenix Transmissions for the slip yoke. I bought a TCI Flexplate from Summit.
4. Used the 4L80E dipstick.

I would save up until you have everything to do the swap all at once. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Most converter builders can put a converter together for you with a front cover compatible with the stock style 4L70E flexplate, saving you the expense of the custom flexplate and crank adapter. The savings of those parts will make a custom stalled converter that much easier to get into for you.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
1st would it be a good idea to go with ss braided hoses if so will these fittings work.http://www.sweetperformance.com/product/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=496
2nd what stall are you guys using i dont have anther 1k for a stall i am saving 1k right now to get the crossmember. so would a stock stall frm the dealer be good or no.
3rd where are you guys getting your slip yoke frm an flexplates(is a stock 4l80 flexplate ok)
4th what distick are you using an where are you buying it frm
any help would help me out thanks
My conversion kit already includes the fittings and Stainless Steel drop down lines. The ends have flare fittings and unions to hook up to the stock or braided lines easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts