Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Issue: At the track(WOT), truck seems to have a slower shift time 2-3 than the other guys TBSS's I go to the track with. For example, I am ahead at the 1/8 mile mark, then they will hit 3rd first, and pull me to the line.

What would I adjust in the trans settings to make for a faster/firmer shift?

2. I see all sorts of different settings. Normal/Hot/Performance.

When do these settings take affect while driving? Hot settings are self explanitory..LOL

3. Everyone talks about shift pressures when talking TCM Tuning. While looking at the table I am completely confused. I understand that as the numbers change colors from green to red, it means that you are getting closer to set max pressure.

Can someone tell me what the dangers are to running the pressures for upshifts close to the max in all the blocks??

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
Sean you should take your truck to Horsepower Solutions when you get a chance. I'll bet he can help you with your questions. He is out on Wythe Creek Rd in Hampton, on the way to Poquoson. Very nice shop. http://www.horsepowersolutions.net/

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
1. Issue: At the track(WOT), truck seems to have a slower shift time 2-3 than the other guys TBSS's I go to the track with. For example, I am ahead at the 1/8 mile mark, then they will hit 3rd first, and pull me to the line.

What would I adjust in the trans settings to make for a faster/firmer shift?

2. I see all sorts of different settings. Normal/Hot/Performance.

When do these settings take affect while driving? Hot settings are self explanitory..LOL

3. Everyone talks about shift pressures when talking TCM Tuning. While looking at the table I am completely confused. I understand that as the numbers change colors from green to red, it means that you are getting closer to set max pressure.

Can someone tell me what the dangers are to running the pressures for upshifts close to the max in all the blocks??
I was curious too looking at the trans settings. I'm only guessing at what it means in HPtuners and use BBA Version 3 tune with no expertise in tuning it myself. I went to the experts on HPTuners forum. I hope this answers your #2 question.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10117&highlight=hot+normal+trans+setting

Normal Tables = Used pertty much all the time
Performance Tables = Only used when in Tow/Haul Mode
Cruise Tables = Only used during Cruise Control
Hot Tables = Only used when an Overtemp Trans Condition is detected, which is set to ~270f in the Trans Diagnostics. Very rarely, if at all, used
Here is my search link on HPtuners, you may want to read these topics...I did. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1558467

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Had another idea, ever considered a shift kit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts