Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have a 2007 SS 2wd with k&n cold air kit and I'm thinking about ordering the pcm4less efan kit. Do I need to pay for the tune patch for the efans to work or can I do it myself? Years ago I bought hptuners for my 2000 Trans Am and I know I dont have any credits left. Once I purchase credits will I be able to tune it so the efans work properly? Also which type of efans does everyone recommend?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
You can download the HPTuners patch file from Alvin's website, so yes, if you have credits, you can do it yourself.

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
Most of us have ls1 efans

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I just ordered Trailblazer Spal V8 dual fan kit with 160* thermostat from pcm4less.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Ok so I just ordered Trailblazer Spal V8 dual fan kit with 160* thermostat from pcm4less.
Nice choice, those Spal fans move a shit ton of air.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Yup good choice.
You will have to buy credits to copy over the numbers (patch) from the HP tuners file you download from PCMfor less.

Just did it today and fans are working flawless

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Whats the difference between the Spal fans and just norm LS1 fans? iss the kit for the Spal fans is quite a bit more expensive than the LS1 kit on PCM4less....
Also, to upgrade the E-fans all you need is the fans, wiring, and updated pcm tune and your done right? no extra nickel and dime little thing you have to do right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts