Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I searched the forums, found very little on the subject. Hope someone can help me out please. 2006 TBSS with a really nasty smell coming from the AC vents when AC is first turned on. It is mold, I believe....does anyone know how to get rid of it? I already sprayed Lysol into the vents and cowl area outside the car....also tried professional grade cleaners that I ran down the vents with a small hose....it gets better for about a day then the smell comes right back. I believe the mold lives on the evaporator....do I have to tear the whole dash apart to get rid of this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions or instructions for the Evaporator removal and what to do once I get to the Evaporator? Last thing i want to do is get there and not be able to solve the problem...this forums rocks....Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me....

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Your AC drain may be plugged

if you haven't checked that, pop the hood and follow the AC lines to the firewall.

There is a rubber fitting to the right of the lines. It should be dripping with the engine running and AC on.

If it's not, remove it and stick a shop vac over the hole. This should suck most of the ugly out of the box.

Clean the rubber fitting up and jam it back on there.....Bam you're done.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MiST? In Vehicle Air Quality | UView

Find a shop that has this type of service. I have this at my shop. It works great. I use it once a year in my personal vehicles. It can help with cars that have been smoked in also.

I see you're in South Florida....I'm in Miami. Do you have a shop or know a shop that can do this for me? The smell is horrible and I'm considering changing the evaporator....that's how bad it is.
Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
241 Posts
Maybe it was a clogged cabin filter the whole time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts