Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - it's a 2008 3ss AWD with the "automatic climate" head unit (original item) = had the A/C system repaired 4 or 5 months ago / worked well as it should...now once in a while if in stop-go traffic OR if I'm using it, shut it off for a bit and restart the A/C starts blowing cool to warm air. Weird thing - next day it's back to blowing ice cold as it should. Any ideas or has anybody experienced same issue?? HELP

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
398 Posts
Could need to add a little more freeon. If it is just a little low, it could act just like you’re describing. Mine did the very same thing a few months back. I added a little more and all is good.

• Wow
Reactions: White Hot FLSS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could need to add a little more freeon. If it is just a little low, it could act just like you’re describing. Mine did the very same thing a few months back. I added a little more and all is good.
What? You had same issues? Never thought it may be low on freon / saw videos on recalibrating actuators and tried this with no luck. It does make sense as they did have to evacuate system due to a leaky condenser and schrader valve on high pressure side. Looks like I have to have it checked as they do have a warranty on the repairs. Will let you know what the trouble was...hopefully. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS 2wd
20 Posts
OK - it's a 2008 3ss AWD with the "automatic climate" head unit (original item) = had the A/C system repaired 4 or 5 months ago / worked well as it should...now once in a while if in stop-go traffic OR if I'm using it, shut it off for a bit and restart the A/C starts blowing cool to warm air. Weird thing - next day it's back to blowing ice cold as it should. Any ideas or has anybody experienced same issue?? HELP
I've been having similar issues with my 07 - even though it's not completely fixed, mine has been issues with the blend doors. I have replaced the blend door motor, but am still having intermittent issues - possible the head unit controlling the blend door?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been having similar issues with my 07 - even though it's not completely fixed, mine has been issues with the blend doors. I have replaced the blend door motor, but am still having intermittent issues - possible the head unit controlling the blend door?
Possibly - unsure of how to test to verify... if you find out please let us know. I do know they are on ebay / have not researched prices lately. Hope mine just needs additional freon... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Issue UPDATE = found out the low pressure side switch is faulty AND the pigtail connector has an electrical short in it and cuts out the compressor. Going to drive it for a while to see what, if anything, it does...will keep you posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts