Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for some tips on removing the ac compressor just rebuilt the motor had broke ac lines and removed compressor from motor outside of the car. on reasembly had a freon leak and then ac compressor locked up, ive jumped relay and tried turning by hand wont budge. basicly what im asking is can you remove it with out pulling the mottor up off the mounts and i am AWD

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
60 Posts
Yes, it's possible. It's a real pain in the ass, but you can get it out from the front.

Make sure the bracket and compressor are separated, then you'll be able to rotate the compressor around until you can pull it up and out. Couple of the small coolant lines and one of the transmission cooler lines will be in the way, but you should be able to work it around them.

If you have the stock mechanical fan and shroud, they might be in the way, mine's been gone for a long time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i was thinking that or maybe see if i could bring it up threw the fender well after removing the plastic fender idk if it would come up or not though ty you for your in put i still do have clutch fan and really didnt want to break the cooling system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts