Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im dealing with a customer now. called me up said truck vibrates and feels looks and also the a arms broke his balljoint. Fixed balljoint and got aligned and has been driving around and wants a new set since truck still vibrates. I asked him to send me the arms but said only daily driver and i stated i need arms back because people have installed my version both before and after his set that were in same production period with no issues.

I asked him to show me pictures and turns out he installed them upside down and has been driving like that. I told him to flip the a arms other way. He now did that and says wont work and he still feels unsafe he wants a new set.

I cannot do warranty on items that have been installed wrong and to a point that even broke the balljoint. THe alignment shop didnt even notice this. My a arms were not designed to be driven on upside down and the angle they left in the pics he sent me was horrible.

So just a heads up please install any aftermarket part the correct way. Breaking a balljoint due to install error could of been major and hurt the owner and someone else.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face while saying "Sir you install the product upside down".

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We all make mistakes

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Correct.
But the seller should not have to pay for the mistake.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me see if I can resolve this situation. I have a feeling he will do a paypal dispute so kinda stuck

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
This sounds like something I'd fucking do ahahaha.... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
I can tell you this is very easily done. When you drive down the road the steering feels really loose if installed backwards. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
111 Posts
Well well...this really makes me want to triple check that I put these things on right a year ago...

Marty, bring the popcorn...Please god, don't let me go to the wanted section..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
That's an inexcusable mistake. Endangering yourself and everyone around you because you can't take the time to look at a diagram or ask questions when you have no business working on a car.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
This guy needs to own up to his mistake and take the hit/lesson learned

It's nobody's fault but his own for installing them improperly.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,802 Posts
How do you do that?? I am far from a mechanic. I didn't even think that the ball joint could be installed in that direction...hmmm. Learn something new everyday!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can install it upside down bit the balljoint area is way bad to a point where it snapped the balljoint

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Who's got the "This thread is useless without pics" meme?

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 AWD
334 Posts
Its a good thing the instructions in the box have a picture. lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts