Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, long story short a buddy of mine has had a 99 gt cobra body for a while. Just in the last few months he has put all new interior, 4.6l motor, new trans clutch the works. So about 3 or 4 months ago he spotted me at the gas station here in town. He loves to talk trash about anything ive owned just all in good fun lol. So he says why dont we run em, at the time my mods where exhaust and vette servo only. So I say hell why not, we pull out onto the road first run was from a dig not even a race. He couldnt catch traction for shit lol, so he says lets go from a roll I say alright. I shift to 2nd and get the ss just above 2700 rpm, 3 honks and I hammer it, my buddy at the next gas station down was recording the race on his phone when I fly by him at the station the ss was doing 130 with mustang eating tail pipe 2 3 car lengths behind me. So we pull in he makes some excuse about his clutch or whatever I think nothing of it. Now to last night, I am laying in bed at around 10pm he calls me up and says he man just got some work done to the pony, wanna run em? Now, my mods are efans, tune, intake, and 160 thermo I say sure of course lol. I meet him at the gas statioin we talk a little bit find out he had headers, a small cam, and a tune done since are last run. Again, he wants to go from a roll so we pull out I get the ss to about 3000 rpm this time. 3 honks and hammer it he stayed with me from the start after he hit 3rd though he starting eating my single exhaust pipe once again lol. He pulls over we laugh and says alright man lets go again. This time it was alot closer still in the end I was ahead about a car and a half before we shut em down. We pull back in the gas station to get some gas, he walks up and says damn that thing is fast! I just smiled and laughed, he said im gonna get it one day though.

Thanks for listening guys just thought I would share some victory with the TBSS community.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cheers1:Thanks Josh

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Nice.. least he was cool about losing..:kissass:

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice.. least he was cool about losing..:kissass:
Went to high school with this guy have known him a long time. Hes a good sport ya know hahaha

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Good story nice kill, ask him when he's going to buy a chevy.:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Good job representing. :coolthumb:

My luck, I'm in traffic with the wife next to me and a mustang GT (late model) revs at me. What to do....what to do....Nothing. I continue to drive at 10 mph following a prius.

:burp:

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good story nice kill, ask him when he's going to buy a chevy.:biggrin2:
Thanks man lol, he loves how my truck runs. But still constantly talks trash about chevys he just doesnt know.

THE RAW LS POWER!!

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you:boff:not once but twice, nice:coolthumb:
Thanks Sam, lol it was alot of fun just think I was almost dozing off to bed. Then out of nowhere a race lol

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good job representing. :coolthumb:

My luck, I'm in traffic with the wife next to me and a mustang GT (late model) revs at me. What to do....what to do....Nothing. I continue to drive at 10 mph following a prius.

:burp:
Yea I hear ya there my gf of almost a year hates it when I race with her in the car.

·
Registered
TBSS
271 Posts
Good job killin the stang. :rofl:

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One more dead pony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts