Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Disclaimer: While this is only partly related to a tbss, I wanted to get this info out there to help answer any questions for any one else interested in this swap***

As some of you know, I have an '06 trailblazer swb with the 5.3l lh6. I just finished up my swap from the puny 8.6" rear end that comes stock in the non-ss models with a rear from an '07 SS (the I6 models actually get an even smaller 8.0")

My original rear end had 3.42's and as you all know the SS has 4.10's, so not only do I have a much beefier rear now, the gears should really wake this thing up. :D

The swap was pretty much a plug and play type deal. Drive shaft length was the same, same brakes, control arms, sway bar, etc etc.... The ONLY thing I had to find was a bastard u joint because for some reason Chevy decided that they needed to put a smaller yoke on the 9.5" rear, if that makes any sense.

I went to Napa and the cool 'ol boy at the couter grabbed his phat book-o-u-joints and we found the right one, which is..... a #447

(oh, and I also needed a pair of the retainers for the "new" rear)

and here's a few picks I took while swapping them over...

all done!

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soooooo...How's the performance???
won't really know for at least another week, I gotta make it down to my tuner and finish up my tune. I've done a slew of things to it and its running super fat.

I have however done a few quick pulls from a standstill and...... /jerk the difference in launch with the 4.10's is SCHUUUUWEEEET!

Diggin the work stands.
they worked out perfect for what I was doing don't ya think? lmao

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Thats kick ass. Did you have the one wheel peel before the swap?

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
89 Posts
Did you also swap the front diff so its 4.10s all around?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts