Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 7-8k to play with and I'm thinking I want to do a motor swap, but I know all this shit is hella expensive but I was thinking of geting a lq9 408 long block from texasspeed and the l92 cam and head conversion from pcm. Wha do y'all think will this even work? Or maybe an lsx 376 like the other members on here, idk tell me what y'all think.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
built trans and l92 h/c combo from pcm for less and a new converter, headers and efans and t stat also.

what are your current mods?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I have built trans 3600 stall,lth, cam, 100nitrous, full boltons, but I'm not happy with the power and I just sold my truck and wana figure out what to do with it but I'm leaning towards a motor

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another DD (honda). But I drive the ss as much as possible but I've just lost the last few races and I Just need more power :D. I'm headed to houston on Friday for a retune and I'm going to add pcms 4 in. Intake 42lb. Injectors and 150 nitrous and see if that's any better, but I want to start lookin for a replacement motor

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Do a 402, 408, 416 stroker you will be real happy.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
So do you think a lq9 408 will work in our trucks? Isent the wiring different from the ls2? And would the Pcm4less l92 convesion work?
cam, crank, knock, and oil pressure sensors are all different locations I think, but you can make it work. why not pull and build yours to a 402 using your stock block?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking of selling it to get some extra flow since I don't plan to use the stock heads or anything And I haven't heard of any very good ls builders were I'm from with machine work parts and labor I figured lq9 would be cheaper hold more power and a few extra cubes.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
Forge the bottom end and see where you are at after that with $ (especially since you are throw nitrous at it). My 402 build was around $11k (minus headers) and I re-used the block. Would hate to throw a H/C combo on it and spin a bearing.

Or invest in the Moroso pan and put a H/C combo on it, that should help prevent any blow-ups.

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
:iamwithstupid: THIS.

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Save your money or send it to me

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
I was thinking of selling it to get some extra flow since I don't plan to use the stock heads or anything And I haven't heard of any very good ls builders were I'm from with machine work parts and labor I figured lq9 would be cheaper hold more power and a few extra cubes.
where in texas are you?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
For that money, with the built trans and converter you have, I would supercharge it, and run mid 11's all day long without the nitrous.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts