Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy who bought drews old truck wants 500/500 at the wheels

So he wants to supercharge the truck

Few things about him
1) wants to do it on 91 pump gas.
2) doesn't want to use meth.
3) NO CAM NO HEADS
4) DAILY driven.

So bounce some ideas to me guys. I was thinking TVS2300 10-12 psi boost.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cam would help reach that goal

he doesnt want to do cam if its not needed. Just str8 up supercharger and nothing else. the truck does have headers and that little stuff

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 1900 did 491.....Through all the wheels on a 3.1. If hes 2WD a 1900 should get him there. But a 2300 will REALLY get him there with room to grow.

Read post says awhp/awtq :)

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Not gonna happen unless he's 2wd. He won't be able to run more than 8-9psi before having to pull a ton of timing out due to detanation....he's gonna NEED the meth at the least if he wants 500-500. It's only ~$650 well worth it IMO. he'll be able to run a shit ton more timing due to the higher octane levels.

(keepin 1900 in mind with above statement) The 2300 may help him get there. All depends on the tune. But I really doubt it with yalls crappy 91. He'll never be able to load enough timing into on 10-12psi on pump gas. When I was on 10psi and 93 only we could not get anymore than 12* of timing without KR. once we added the meth...20+ degrees. And this was on the 1900.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
My 1900 did 491.....Through all the wheels on a 3.1. If hes 2WD a 1900 should get him there. But a 2300 will REALLY get him there with room to grow.
Yours was with a cam correct? Your truck was the one I thought of for this guy to try and replicate

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I have a little more than that at the wheels with 12#'s, but I've got a Cam, Headers, Injectors, 8-Rib Overdrive and Meth to get there. Even if he does a 2300 I don't think he'll get there on 91 Octane without at least adding Meth.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
And Lets be honest people....Dyno number mean nothing, which is why I never even took a Dyno sheet last time I was on one. The Dyno is a tool, and the numbers can be manipulated to say anything, Listing how quick he wants it to be would be a more reaistic goal.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Its actually in your Title Tony....The All wheel part.
I agree, On 91, hes asking a lot. Hes gonna have to do the Meth....you guys get screwed in Cali for Petrol.
yup yet you still asked. ha i win

But anyway guess the 2300 will be used. the converter is a yank ptb3600 see how that works out. When i went from a 2800 to a 3200 yank night and day difference shift extension was perfect with the tvs2300. 3600 might be to much but we shall see how hard it hits out the hole.

as for dyno numbers my truck dynoed like 520 on a 75 shot yet went [email protected] in the 1/8 so on the same dyno we will be using on his truck 500/500 should put him in the 11s which he wanted but overall this project will be if a supercharger on pump gas no meth can get to 500 on ca pump gas and run 11s.

I need to talk to anti prius since his 112 maggie runs 11s on pump gas.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
He needs a transmission !

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.