Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,852 Posts
If people are going to buy 1000+ HP CV axles, don't they need the upgraded intermediate shaft and coupler to go with it? Should be a complete package upgrade IMO. But none of these are available anymore? Will they be again?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,477 Posts
If people are going to buy 1000+ HP CV axles, don't they need the upgraded intermediate shaft and coupler to go with it? Should be a complete package upgrade IMO. But none of these are available anymore? Will they be again?

Unfortunately it takes time, but yes, they will be available.

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
I've got stock axles that have been holding 1000+ for some time now I'll sell you. I'll even throw in an extra set just I'm case if those actually ever fail. Half off whatever these "1000" hp axles are going for.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Just want to give an update, i have my shaft installed in my setup and running on the street at around 600awhp. Ill get pics up soon and share how i adapted my NV120 transfer case to the 4L80E to perfectly match the original clocking. I have a 3/8” adapter ring from Northwest Fabworks in Canada

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Just want to give an update, i have my shaft installed in my setup and running on the street at around 600awhp. Ill get pics up soon and share how i adapted my NV120 transfer case to the 4L80E to perfectly match the original clocking. I have a 3/8” adapter ring from Northwest Fabworks in Canada
Definitely interested as I'm looking to upgrade my AWD to 4L80E at the moment

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
163 Posts
Just lost 3rd and 4th on the 4l70 today. Looking into the 4l80 option. I would like to keep the stock transfer case if possible. Interested in the input shaft if they are going to available.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
22 Posts
Gotta read through this post, interesting but if i saw the first few posts correctly fitting the 4l80e and keeping the truck awd deff sounds like a great option... has anyone already fabbed this setup completely and make a build thread on it?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,852 Posts
Gotta read through this post, interesting but if i saw the first few posts correctly fitting the 4l80e and keeping the truck awd deff sounds like a great option... has anyone already fabbed this setup completely and make a build thread on it?
I see what he's talking about, but I checked Northwest Fabwork's website and didn't see a specific adapter for a 4l80e to our transfer case. Then I saw they use Advance Adapters. I checked Advance Adapters website and there too, didn't see the correct adapter.

Maybe someone would have to call them to see if they actually make one for it. I don't even know what our transfer case is called when it comes to letters and numbers.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
22 Posts
I dunno, I just want to have the fastest awd ss possible. Low 9-8sec street driven. Just reading up on what i can to see how to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,852 Posts
I dunno, I just want to have the fastest awd ss possible. Low 9-8sec street driven. Just reading up on what i can to see how to make it happen.
It's gonna take a lot of HP and prayers for a DD

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,236 Posts

Gonna need more than 1000awhp to get into the 9’s and a whole lot more to try and touch 8’s (like1400-1500hp). That’s an absurd amount of power to push through largely stock front axle components.

Not saying it can’t be done, but trying to get those low numbers is going to become very cost prohibitive with awd. Mid to low 10’s is really pretty easy and right about what I would call the comfort zone for this awd system.

I’m going to push mine up close to 800awhp this winter and see what breaks first. Sadly I could probably swap to 2wd right now and be at 800rwhp and after I build it up this winter close to 1000rwhp. At some point if you track the truck the parasitic hp loss greatly outweighs the traction benefit, if your running slicks.

Kyle is one of the few people to ever try and push the awd that far. I want to say he was running high 9’s awd with a big single turbo and a lot of power.

Back on topic, only way to get this coupler is to go through Pete as far as I know.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Back on topic, only way to get this coupler is to go through Pete as far as I know.
Thats right.

5 new shafts has been made. Ready to ship.
They will be drop shipped from MW.

$851 shipped

Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
An adapter between the transfer case and 80E trans would still be needed in addition to this coupler right?
Yes.
And with this coupler you can use stock 32spline 4L80E outputshaft instead of turned down POS 27spline oem size shaft.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,852 Posts
Yes.
And with this coupler you can use stock 32spline 4L80E outputshaft instead of turned down POS 27spline oem size shaft.
So where do you get the adapter?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,477 Posts
So where do you get the adapter?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Not to step on anyone's toes, but I can have a batch of adapters made, if y'all are interested. I can also have the transfer case front half modded to accept the 4l70 and the 4l80, like mine is. Then you get more spline engagement, and don't need an adapter.

Here's a picture of the adapter, as well as the modified transfer case.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,236 Posts
Well shit, I wish I would have known or thought about modifying the front half Of the tcase before I paid Phoenix $650 for an adapter and the appropriate length 32 spline shaft. Now my driveshafts are made so there’s not going back. Dang

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
So Im assuming the adapter for the 80E to stock NV120 transfer case is a custom piece? Not like the GM cast tcase adapter between 80E and NP246 case? Any chance you have any of these on hand or would you need to setup a group buy?

Pete - Im interested in your shaft adapter kit given the tcase adapter isnt a unicorn hunt.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts