Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
323 Posts
Just does not seem worth it. You will be in it for almost a grand by the time you get a new inout shaft amd 5 bolt to 6 bolt transfercase adapter.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just does not seem worth it. You will be in it for almost a grand by the time you get a new inout shaft amd 5 bolt to 6 bolt transfercase adapter.
Well I guess it depends what you want and where do you want to spend your money, right?
So people buy $650 to 1K headlamps and think those are worth it.
You do as you please.

Pete

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Which one are you placing order for? Seal or no seal and him many buyers do you have?
Looks like I am the only one, so I think I`m going with the seal.

Everybody seem to think that going with different Transfer case is the bees knees solution and somehow cheaper, which I don`t think it is. Thats why I`m going with this one, and I like to do things my way, not the easy way:king1::coolthumb:

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
The stock case is a very good case and if someone could engineer it to work without losing oil or losing spline engagement it would be a great option. Only reason the 149 case is better is because someone did exactly that and here is no adapter needed. However the person who did make the input couplers for the 149 doesn't anymore so people are resorting to the 4485 case which is fine for those who stay in the power range that that case can handle. Has nothing to do with cost or "bees knees"... but just what is engineered to be successful.

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
Looks like I am the only one, so I think I`m going with the seal.

Everybody seem to think that going with different Transfer case is the bees knees solution and somehow cheaper, which I don`t think it is. Thats why I`m going with this one, and I like to do things my way, not the easy way:king1::coolthumb:
I was mearly responding to this post. I apologize if what I said offended you and your idea, I was mearly offering my opinion in response to your opinion. I sincerely mean good luck and I don't think that the case will be the weak link.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
On the side note, I just received info from Mark Williams that few people has been trying to buy the other coupler I`m selling directly from them.
That will not work with this either.
THIS PART IS AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH ME, I HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS TO IT.
If you want it, join in to this GB.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been looking for this forever - was going to approach Mark Williams for a custom piece since they're just a few miles away, but will buy it through you since you have the design done. Please add me to the list for one if this is still an option. Money in hand, can do deposit immediately if that's what it takes.

Jacek

Edit: I'd be willing to pay more if we can't reach the minimum to get this done.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts