Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GET THE BEST ON THE MARKET 4L80E to NVG149 SHAFT RIGHT HERE!!!
[/url]PA-003_1 by P A, on Flickr[/IMG]

First batch of 10 is sold, so it is time to start new GB!!!

This is precision machined shaft from Mark Williams (Mark Williams Enterprises- Home Page)
Completely new, NOT resplined oem input shaft.

It is going to be superior quality as always with Mark Williams, a top of the line producer of custom drive line parts, and it`s made from 4340 steel and heat treated in house by them.

There has been some interest in the performancetrucks.net and silveradoss.com also , so this will be on there too, here is the link to both
https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/4l80e-nvg149-input-shaft-coupler-group-purchase-550129/#post5418006
4L80E to NVG149 input shaft coupler group purchase - AWD, Differential, & Transmission Tech - SilveradoSS.com

CAD of the shaft.
[/url]CAD drawing NVG149 to 4L80E by P A, on Flickr[/IMG]

Price is $625 shipped to lower 48 states.
I need 20 committed people to do this.

1. Trizney
2. supersize75k5

If you want in to this GB, respond to this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
I want to know trans output shaft spline engagement depth into the new input couplers, i want to know if there will be any issue with inadequate sealing causing a possibility for oil loss. I would like to know if these are drop in ready or if further case modification is needed. Will stock gaskets and seals still work? And any other typical info that can be presented when a new product is made available.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
507 Posts
I'm in for details :popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to know trans output shaft spline engagement depth into the new input couplers, i want to know if there will be any issue with inadequate sealing causing a possibility for oil loss. I would like to know if these are drop in ready or if further case modification is needed. Will stock gaskets and seals still work? And any other typical info that can be presented when a new product is made available.
Spline engagement depth, seals, gasket etc. will all be same as you would use with OEM shaft. No modifications needed at all, this is a drop in ready part.

Like I said, it will be exact copy of the original input shaft, except with 32-splines to mate with 4L80E transmission.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
507 Posts
Pete that sounds exactly like what we need. To get buy-in people will want to know how the part came to be. For example how is Mark Williams deriving the dimensions? Is he measuring two OEM parts and combining the specs? Can a drawing of the final part with measurements be provided? Please give some details because nobody will drop a deposit on this without more details and I really want to see this happen!

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
Spline engagement depth, seals, gasket etc. will all be same as you would use with OEM shaft. No modifications needed at all, this is a drop in ready part.

Like I said, it will be exact copy of the original input shaft, except with 32-splines to mate with 4L80E transmission.

Thanks,

Pete
If that's the case I am interested, but like Clint stated I need to see some details before I commit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
507 Posts
What OEM parts did you give them?

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
All the parts they wanted to produce this part I wanted.

Pete
So did you bail on your idea for the 120 case?

I fear that your lack of ability to give a solid answer and the attitude that is portrayed to people seeking fair and required information is going to prevent this venture from happening as well. Plus didn't you mock people in your other thread that thought changing transfercases was "the bees knees" even though you believe it to be more expensive and too easy? Why the sudden change in heart?

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
I would just go with a manual controlled true 4wd case, without an open carrier up front if I wanted a A4WD TBSS.

But yes I agree, some more detailed info would be nice on the part. But if anyone knows MWE reputation and type of work they do, then you probably don't need to worry about it either.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So did you bail on your idea for the 120 case?

I fear that your lack of ability to give a solid answer and the attitude that is portrayed to people seeking fair and required information is going to prevent this venture from happening as well. Plus didn't you mock people in your other thread that thought changing transfercases was "the bees knees" even though you believe it to be more expensive and too easy? Why the sudden change in heart?
Well, I gave people plenty of time to jump in with the 120 deal, but basically no one did, so I did order one input shaft from MW to me anyways, like I said I will.
I will present this unicorn when I get it in my hands:biggrin2: So I did not bail on anything:coolthumb:

I don`t know what you mean about not giving solid answers nor mocking people of anything. People do make their own decisions and go with that, right?
And I think I answered all questions asked.

If you are referring to what parts I sent to Mark Williams answer, I really do not see the relevance of that question? What does it matter if I sent them whole transfer case or input shaft or something between?
They have all the parts they needed to give me a quote of the part I wanted them to make.
I`m sure they have all the necessary fabrication and engineering skills to produce this part when they say they will!?!

Oh you and the bees knees...:biggrin2: Maybe you should check your beehind(pun intended) in case one of them bees stang you some where in that region, some how I get that feeling, but I`m probably wrong there, right?:biggrin2: IF I`m not, take few Advills that will take care of it.:cheers1:

But seriously, I saw the interest going towards this way using the 149 T-case with 4L80E in here and Silverado site, and decided to give it a go. As I said, I`m still going with the original transfer case, never the less, but if people want to do it this way, I wanted to give them another option too.

Thanks,

Pete

1 - 20 of 83 Posts