Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Cost for all kits after the first 10 preorder names is $1,000.00 plus shipping.

The crossmembers are finished and going to powdercoat on Monday. I will start packing up the kits for the first batch of preorder customers. We have enough materials to make 25 right now. The first batch will be 10!

I need all the information again for all the names on the list!

I will compile everything and start calling for the payment. They should start shipping a week of 24 Jan 2011!!

PM - Click on my User Name and select Private Message
E-Mail - [email protected]

Product: 4L80E/4L85E Conversion Parts
Vehicle: TBSS 2WD and AWD
Year: 2006, 2007 and 2008
Name:
Billing/Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

1) SYNISTER (2007 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit) (Shipped)
2) RatRaceway (2007 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit, Scatter Shield) (Shipped)
3) Sedg (2007 TBSS AWD) (4L80E Kit, Scatter Shield) *
4) NorthernSS (2006 TBSS AWD) (4L80E Kit)
5) Britt (2007 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit, Scatter Shield) (Pick Up)
6) JPracing (2008 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit, Scatter Shield, Driveshaft Loop) (Shipped)
7) Bad Monkey (2006 TBSS AWD) (4L80E Kit, Scatter Shield) (Shipped)
8) blkscls1z (2006 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit) (Shipped)
9) BlazerSS (2006 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit) (Shipped)
10) TrailLazer (2006 TBSS 2WD) (4L80E Kit) *

Here are pictures of the full package with spacers and powdercoated crossmember. The second set of pictures is of a comparison between the 2WD and AWD crossmembers.

Contents of the 4L80E Conversion Package

1. 4L80E Conversion Crossmember
2. 4L80E Conversion Mount Spacers (2x 1/4" and 4x 1/8")
3. 4L80E Conversion Cooler Lines
4. 4L80E Conversion Cooler Line Adapters (1999 + 4L80E Case)
5. 4L80E Conversion Harness
6. 4L80E Conversion TCM (Preprogrammed)

4L80E Conversion Package Pictures After Powdercoat

4L80E 2WD (Top) and AWD (bottom) Crosssmember Comparison

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
sorry to ask this, but what else is needed to make this work. Like what year trans fit and can you use the stock drive shaft? price?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
hopefully I will get one of the first 10 if someone on that list falls through

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
GM 4L80e PN 24208421. They are '99 and up. The tranny needs to be shaved down some for the Kooks 1 7/8's to fit. I believe Joe has some pictures of that in his other threads. I highly recommend having your 4L80's built by Greg at Phoenix Transmissions for all the right reasons. He's 2nd to none.

I think all you'll need is the trans and converter, and of course this conversion package.

·
Registered
ProCharged Camaro
166 Posts
Does the 4L70E T-Case bolt up or is there a conversion piece for AWD guys? is this the spacer mentioned in the original post?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the 4L70E T-Case bolt up or is there a conversion piece for AWD guys? is this the spacer mentioned in the original post?
The spacers in the kit are for the mount, this way you can dial in the driveline angle.

Phoenix Transmission is making the Conversion for the AWD. You will need both Phoenix Transmission and LC32 Conversion Packages for an AWD. With the parts from Phoenix you will be able to bolt a 4L80E to the stock Transfer Case.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Joe, I really think you have this set at a great price point. Knowing that its a product coming from you makes it that much better. You offer nothing but top notch parts. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kits will be going together this week. Here are a few things we are doing this week.

1) Right now the first kits to ship will be the 2007 and 2008.

2) We need to use a 2006 for some testing. I will just need to have a 2006 TBSS for a little while to check/confirm the operating system compatibility.

3) We are also working on the 2009 differences and are unsure if we will have a full kit with tune for the 2009 TBSS. There are harness and control differences for the 2009 model year.

·
Premium Member
08 2wd TrailblazerSS
1,092 Posts
Joe you are gonna have to take me off the list for these parts. I would love to do it but the money is going to be used as part a down payment on my next toy, its called a Z06 :)

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have been taken off the list man. Not the right time for me to be doing this.:doh:
No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Joe you are gonna have to take me off the list for these parts. I would love to do it but the money is going to be used as part a down payment on my next toy, its called a Z06 :)
No problem. Thanks for letting me know. Keep us posted on the Z06!

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
UPDATES!!!

The kits will be going together this week. Here are a few things we are doing this week.

1) Right now the first kits to ship will be the 2007 and 2008.

2) We need to use a 2006 for some testing. I will just need to have a 2006 TBSS for a little while to check/confirm the operating system compatibility.

3) We are also working on the 2009 differences and are unsure if we will have a full kit with tune for the 2009 TBSS. There are harness and control differences for the 2009 model year.

I just got off the phone with Greg at Phoenix Transmission.

We are going to have to build another fixture for the AWD TBSS's. The mount needs to mover for the adapters.

We should have the new fixture and AWD crossmembers finished the week after the 2WD kits start shipping.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ya., I sent you a PM a couple months ago Joe. Maybe in the future!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts