Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently blew my motor(oil pan of death...) I cant find a aluminum 6.0 so I'm going with a iron block and plan on building out to a 402 stroker. I have a BTR Stage 3 Cam (specs: 218/224 .553/.553 110+0) Putting in ls7 lifters all my pushrods and rockers are good. I gotta get my heads cleaned up with new valves( motor only blent one valve slightly). My heads are a 799 and 243(dont know why they are like that saw that some came from the dealer like that) which already been worked on from the guy I bought the truck from. So my question is this, I know the heads are compressed to 10:9:1 but with the stroker do I need to up the compression cause it will be a 402? And if so to what compression? Still trying to figure this whole motor thing out and will appreciate any help.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Your compression will be determined by the pistons in your rebuild. Only the cylinder head volume from the original number is relevant.

Are you planning on building it yourself, or farming it out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your compression will be determined by the pistons in your rebuild. Only the cylinder head volume from the original number is relevant.

Are you planning on building it yourself, or farming it out?
Definitely framing out, the original motor was worked but the guy I bought the truck from had worked on the motor but never gave the papers on what was exactly done. I had flat top pistons but couldn’t tell you what the compression was

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cam appears fairly mild for the stroker 402. Personally I'm not in favor of the cam 110+0 centerline (example 113+2). With the stroker you could easily run LS3 heads which are (were?) a good bargain from Chevrolet Performance. The LS3 heads would require a square port truck intake and (8) offset intake rockers. Don't have first hand experience yet (my stroker build is underway) but it seems from others that the LS7 lifters are somewhat noisy. C6 oil pan is the way to go if you are RWD. For AWD, IMO a lot of changes are necessary to ensure that the new motor will survive. Plenty of post about Hells oil pan, what a POS.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Which stage 3 cam is it? BTR has many. That one most fits your description is 1824133R1, but it has 113+3.

The one I have is now discontinued, but it was the stage 3 cam for cars not the truck version. It was over .600 lift. Enough to bend valves in a stock engine..

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Fayetteville Nc
Sounds like you'll need box up some stuff to ship out.

I know a guy in Vegas.. Kinda specializes in LS off-road stuff that will get beat to death. Street life would be a vacation. Been happy with mine. Communication is top notch! PM if interested..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cam appears fairly mild for the stroker 402. Personally I'm not in favor of the cam 110+0 centerline (example 113+2). With the stroker you could easily run LS3 heads which are (were?) a good bargain from Chevrolet Performance. The LS3 heads would require a square port truck intake and (8) offset intake rockers. Don't have first hand experience yet (my stroker build is underway) but it seems from others that the LS7 lifters are somewhat noisy. C6 oil pan is the way to go if you are RWD. For AWD, IMO a lot of changes are necessary to ensure that the new motor will survive. Plenty of post about Hells oil pan, what a POS.
I’m planning on moving to Texas at the end of the year so I’m trying to use as much stuff I got right now. And and I’m rwd got my pan, ac bracket adapter and.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts