Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fucking A
Chevy Colorado
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope this is right section.....Some of you may know I have a Chevy Colorado with 5.3 supercharged....Im looking and wanting to do a 4 link. anybody in here well versed in suspension geography that could help me out?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
hope this is right section.....Some of you may know I have a Chevy Colorado with 5.3 supercharged....Im looking and wanting to do a 4 link. anybody in here well versed in suspension geography that could help me out?
why ed? 17x9 with 275 50 17 will hook perfectly fine. I've done that combo before on that truck and hooks no problem

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
split mono leaf and a cal trac will hook in a car wash if set up right..

if you dont want the caltrac hanging low... either go to a slid a link from comp engineering... or a south side machine bar.

4 links and ladder bars are for RACE cars... and big tired turds that dont go anywhere...

Stock suspension FTMFW.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
split mono leaf and a cal trac will hook in a car wash if set up right..

if you dont want the caltrac hanging low... either go to a slid a link from comp engineering... or a south side machine bar.

4 links and ladder bars are for RACE cars... and big tired turds that dont go anywhere...

Stock suspension FTMFW.
The problrm is not traction, just scrapes the caltrscs everywhere because it is slammed and on a low profile 18" wheel. Not a drag truck anyway.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
if its not a drag truck... why have a cal trac on it...

i dunno... me personally..

im against cutting stuff up...

im not a fan of 4 links or ladder bars... just loud, clunky... and really single purpose stuff.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
if its not a drag truck... why have a cal trac on it...

i dunno... me personally..

im against cutting stuff up...

im not a fan of 4 links or ladder bars... just loud, clunky... and really single purpose stuff.
I guess he wanted it to hook better then stock. I wouldn't cut it up either but it isnt my truck

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
i dont know why hes doing all this work i setup that dudes colly that runs 12s at sac perfectly fine and on drag rads its no issues.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
i dont know why hes doing all this work i setup that dudes colly that runs 12s at sac perfectly fine and on drag rads its no issues.
He sits too low to use the caltracs on the street. They scrape everywhere. If he had a 28" DR on the back it wouldn't be a problem. I think he is on a 25" tire.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
He sits too low to use the caltracs on the street. They scrape everywhere. If he had a 28" DR on the back it wouldn't be a problem. I think he is on a 25" tire.
if hes running a lowering block makes it even worse. he should just get drag rads and be fine instead of cutting up his truck.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
How do yalls tbss's ride?
hooks great but not worth cutting up a colorado to do the same set up. Hes better off putting mods into sticky tires which he will need anyway and a built trans.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
4link/4bars can be done without cutting up a truck and maintain great streetability. You don't need heim ends to make it hook either. A nice polyurethane bushed end will perform on the street and at the track..

·
Fucking A
Chevy Colorado
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4link/4bars can be done without cutting up a truck and maintain great streetability. You don't need heim ends to make it hook either. A nice polyurethane bushed end will perform on the street and at the track..
Thanks man. my main goal is to make it handle/ride great but also to keep some sort of traction bar setup....the only way I see doing that is a 4 link

lol your not understanding Tony, I have no desire to take it to the track, and I am probably going take my caltracs off though they did help with wheel hop but the downside is they are just loud and clunky, and now recently squeaky, and they hang to low. I want my truck to ride kush and not sound like a 1960's rusted out squeak machine. I could give 2 shits if it could run a 7 second quarter mile thats not my goal, I just want a faster than average colorado that rides great and handles great.

I don't see any other way, and If I take the cal tracs off, its gonna wheel hop like a mofo cause I did drive it supercharges without caltracs and it sucked. They do work but ultimately Im unhappy with them.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
get rid of the lowering blocks and get some lowering leaf springs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.