Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the SS is in the shop out here in Germany for the 3 week in a row. The only thing that the mechanic out here has told me that I have misfires in 4 cylinders. ( 1, 4, 6, and 8.) All of the spark plugs are fine and he has told me that those 4 cylinders lose compression quickly. Any ideas?

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
What happened that made you take it to the shop? If you would have said 2,4,6, & 8 I would think maybe the plug on the coil packs is loose. As for teh compression check, I dunno. Seems weird that those particular ones went out, bad rings maybe. DId someone change the plugs? pull to hard on the wires and cause a break in them? Is it throwing any codes other then a missfire?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the shop because it was giving me a mutiple misfire code. As of right now, that is still the only code it has. My wife drives it so it wasn't being raced or anything like that. She was just driving down the road and it starting misfiring.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mechanic thinks I may have burnt valves or stuck lifters.....Can you burn the valves out and not the plugs? I would think the plugs would go first......

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
judging by your comment on it losing compression in those cylinders quickly...

you either have a ring problem, valve sealing issue, or maybe the thing pushed the head gaskets out of it.

get the leakdown and compression numbers and let us know.

I will ask about the numbers tomorrow....hopefully he remembers!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: So the mechanic out here in Germany thinks I have 4 bent valves. The compression goes up to 125-130psi then quickly falls. He is going to take of the heads and check the valves. No noise was heard when my wife was driving. Im lost!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I thought that's how Active Fuel Management worked? Free upgrade?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought some direct fit magna flow cats. Next is telling the wife the muffler is bad....HA HA

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
Yes I got one...... It was the damn cats. I got them on order as we speak
glad this was figured out. the question is-what would cause the 'cats to get this way and how long did it take to get 'plugged'??

:dunno::cheers1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts