Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some heads for a 4.8l. I'm assuming any head with a cathedral port would work....

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Need some heads for a 4.8l. I'm assuming any head with a cathedral port would work....
I've got a set of 317s with brand new ls6 springs I'll sell ya for $250. Took them off a lq4.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Yup. Ready to bolt on and go. My dad bought a lq4 that had a brand new hot cam kit installed along with new ls6 springs and I did what any good son would do and talked him into a custom cam and better heads. Heads have been laying on the bench since we took them off.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how that might affect the power of the 4.8? Not sure what the difference in compression is.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
The heads themselves flow much better than 4.8 862s but the compression will be lowered quite a bit.. If you are planning on boost then they will be good.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This would be for a stock engine. Wonder if they could be milled down to compensate.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
They could be milled but I'm not sure how much. Did some searching and it looks like stock 4.8 is 9.4:1 adding these with no milling drops it to around 8.6:1 not sure if they could be milled enough to bring it back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts