Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to build my motor and to be honest I'm stumped on what to do. I'm going with an all forged botton and with a K-1 crankshaft and H beam rods and more then likely some weisco pistons. I'd like to stay a tad lower on the compression so when I get the money I can throw on a charger when funds allow. I am leaning towards the hellcat camshaft or talking to them and doing a custom grind so I can keep my NOS till the turbo is spooled and having TSP do some port and polish work in my factory 243 heads to save on money. Am I going to have excessive cylinder pressure? I'm going have have the mains and heads studed. Also what is the best head gasket or should/can I have the heads fire ringed like I did on my cummins? I feel the money I would spend on heads could put towards my turbo set up with a better bang for my buck then spending 2500 on some TFR or others. I currently have a 75 shot of spray that I can jet to 175 That is a wet set up. Where should I aim to be on my compression before adding a turbo and what size fuel injectors should I run? I'm planning on having a cell plumbed in with a separate pump for higher boost needs. Thinking of having a boot controller activate the other pump but the problem I'm seeing is still having the factory pump running and diluting the race fuel. Or should I wire up both pumps separately and used as required I also was thinking of incorporating a RPM pill like used on NOS. Just an idea I have bouncing around in my head. I probably botched the explanation of my idea but I'm sure the gear heads will understand what I'm trying to do. Or should I ditch the turbo idea and get a NOS plate to go with my fogger and just have it be a bottle on car. Its will get daily driven but will mostly be a track star

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,264 Posts
Too many questions to answer but I’ll try a couple.

I’m not a huge fan of the 4.1” stroke and the durability issues that come with it. Plenty of good articles out there on the subject.

Mildly Ported cathedral heads will likely struggle to feed large displacement. heads are not a place to cheap out if you want serious power.

Separate fuel cells and systems is a good choice for stand alone nitrous fuel systems. If you were going this route you would want the same type of fuel in both tanks. Can’t rely on a proper mix in the lines.

In tank twin pumps with one on a hobbs switch is the most cost effective choice for street strip big power applications.

Consider you cam choice wisely need to decide on NA, boost or nitrous before you can make an educated decision on cam choice.

My advice. Sit down figure out exactly what your budget is and build accordingly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts