Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2006
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from Minnesota have the 3M rocker panel tape on their SS? Where did you get it and how much does it cost? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
EDIT: I'm an idiot.....its been a long day.

Anyways, I guess I was thinking you were looking for the trim/molding tape :doh:

FWIW, its probably WAY cheaper just to buy a roll rather than precuts and do it yourself. I have the GM kit, and it is not tall enough on the rear doors. I am still getting chips above the vinyl.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
EDIT: I'm an idiot.....its been a long day.

Anyways, I guess I was thinking you were looking for the trim/molding tape :doh:

FWIW, its probably WAY cheaper just to buy a roll rather than precuts and do it yourself. I have the GM kit, and it is not tall enough on the rear doors. I am still getting chips above the vinyl.
How tall do those pieces go up on that section?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
I will measure for you once my truck gets home tonight. The wifey has it at work.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
they go about 9-10 inches up the doors, and rear most part of the front fender.

they only cover the rear 12" of rocker, and the front 12" of the rocker...

my body shop did the WHOLE rocker for me when my truck was in. basically wrapped it for me...

get yourself a 10" wide roll of it, and do the rockers yourself....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Seriously though, if you have an easy to match color, like, black, I would just use a thicker black vinyl. The stones do still fuck up the vinyl, and because its clear, it turns "cloudy" when it gets beat on. I have black granite, and now I not only have stone chips in the paint below the vinyl, but in it too. It pisses me off and is really obvious.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Its not dirty man...its fuckin dented, dinged and chipped. I have tried cleaning it numerous times.

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
Just call one of the Morries dealerships they quoted me eight Hundo when I was looking at a tbss.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Call Sun Control of MN I know they do it but I am sure its spendy thou.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2006
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure what to do now. I don't want my car to get rock chips but I also don't want the vinyl looking like shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts