Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed molded dash kit today. Biggest complaint is that they do not put the holes in above the gauges. Had to customize myself. Had to remove bezel line up dash kit and drill with small drill bit from the back. WARNING to anyone who purchases this kit and does this do not jump straight to the finale drill bit size, plastic is to thin and wants to tear. Ended up heating the side of the drill bit that goes in the drill with a candle and pushing it through. Trimmed rough edges with razor blade. Right and center gauges a little snug but worth in IMO. Thinking of getting the little plug things for when you take off the license plate bracket to cover holes. In a perfect world it would never need to come apart again but I want stainless gauges at some point.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no carbon fiber is ricer'ish.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,710 Posts
Installed molded dash kit today. Biggest complaint is that they do not put the holes in above the gauges. Had to customize myself. Had to remove bezel line up dash kit and drill with small drill bit from the back. WARNING to anyone who purchases this kit and does this do not jump straight to the finale drill bit size, plastic is to thin and wants to tear. Ended up heating the side of the drill bit that goes in the drill with a candle and pushing it through. Trimmed rough edges with razor blade. Right and center gauges a little snug but worth in IMO. Thinking of getting the little plug things for when you take off the license plate bracket to cover holes. In a perfect world it would never need to come apart again but I want stainless gauges at some point.
Looks great. Where did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stylintrucks.com took almost three weeks to get, so if your in a hurry look else where.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ordered stuff in the past. Only had a issue one time and it was trying to order a chrome bow tie for the mother in laws reg tb. They sent me one for a ss. Told them there web site needed updating and even got the part number for them and they still fucked it up. just got a refund and and painted a factory one for her. It has been updated since. Other wise no issues with them customer service has always been helpful.:biggrin2:

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
That is a good looking dash kit. I have ordered a bunch of stuff over the years from Stylin and have always been pleased. Got a Street Scene (SS) grill for my TBSS looks nice.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank everyone. think it was around $330 for stearing wheel pieces and all. mlk2011 is a 15% off coupon code if anyone is iterested. it was my chrismas present fro my mother in law. car parts make the best gifts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts