Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$35 shipped and for guys using the stock upper/lower control arm you CUT THE BUMPSTOP TO 1 3/8 INCHES TALL and this will give you the most travel before bottoming out. On the stock bumpstops even if you cut them your pretty much riding on them which leads to a bouncy ride.

IF YOU ARE USING THE SPOHN KIT WHICH PUSHES REAR AXLE BACK YOU WILL NEED TO CUT THE BUMPSTOPS AT TALLER LEVEL SO DOES NOT BOTTOM OUT.

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can do that to im just saying this is another option if people want to do it. I dont ride on bumpstops because you will notice even with the bumpstops cut they are pretty much riding on them when you hit a bump and if you cut to much it will slap.

ive noticed on the trucks i do you keep bumpstops in that are cut and go for a ride then take them out and go for a ride you get much more travel in rear. What im trying to show here is you gain more travel and better ride but the bumpstops will only contact the frame when its really needed where as the stock bumpstops even when cut pretty much sit on the lower bumpstop pad.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i just put that link up to help others out. that link is for a pair.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cut the rear bumpstops to the bottom of the 4th ridge and works out perfect. Just enough when it bottoms out it hits the bumpstop and saves from slapping the frame.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
so these would be for us guys that maybe cut the OEM bumpstops tooooo much? :doh:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill get pics today and measure the height of the bumpstop. You guys can use any bumpstop but if you get one shorter than the length i measure it will slap the frame before it has a chance to do its stuff. Ill do this when i get home from work.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Ill get pics today and measure the height of the bumpstop. You guys can use any bumpstop but if you get one shorter than the length i measure it will slap the frame before it has a chance to do its stuff. Ill do this when i get home from work.
Tony,

Did you get a chance to get the measurement of where to cut the bump stops? I have a couple mof sets here but they aren't stair stepped like the one's that you have, so I need the measurement so I'll know where to cut them.

<"(((><

Scott

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rear bumpstop is 1 3/8 inches tall. You can prob cut another 1/4 inch away.

Any bumpstop that is at least 1 3/8 inches tall you can use.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
81 Posts
When using these. Do you remove the factory ones?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts