Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know tony said they would fit, just bulge a little. But curious if anyone has done it and if they have a picture of how they look. I want the wider stance in the rear and I have 17x9.5 all around for my awd. I already have 275/50/17 street tires and want drag radials.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
If you're just putting them on the rear make sure the tire heights are the same up front otherwise you'll destroy the driveline.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,779 Posts
They will bulge, but I don't see a problem. I am running 315 30 20 Nitto DRs on my staggered 20x10 street setup and 275 55 16 M&H DRs on stock TB 16x7 rims for a rear drag pack.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They will bulge, but I don't see a problem. I am running 315 30 20 Nitto DRs on my staggered 20x10 street setup and 275 55 16 M&H DRs on stock TB 16x7 rims for a rear drag pack.

I'm just asking cause they call for an 11" wide wheel on the site but thought maybe someone had a pic.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
The m&h 275/325 are both 28" tall tires.
They are both 28" tall on the correct size wheel. Once you try putting it on a smaller wheel it will make the tire taller. I run the 275/50 and 325/45 m&h drag radials on 17x9 and 17x11 wheels making them very very close to the same height.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are both 28" tall on the correct size wheel. Once you try putting it on a smaller wheel it will make the tire taller. I run the 275/50 and 325/45 m&h drag radials on 17x9 and 17x11 wheels making them very very close to the same height.

I didn't think about that. How much of a height difference you think? I know tony said no more then .3 diff in height for the drivetrain. Maybe less pressure in the tire would flatten it out a lil.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then again it would also make it grab more in the rear then the front. I'll have to talk to tony when I'm ready to order.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
I didn't think about that. How much of a height difference you think? I know tony said no more then .3 diff in height for the drivetrain. Maybe less pressure in the tire would flatten it out a lil.
They are already very close to .3 when used on the proper wheels. I don't think it will work on a 9.5 wheel. just run 275 on all four or get wider rear wheels

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
9.5 is fine, heck 275/50/15 fit on 7" rims on the GN's

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS awd
374 Posts
Just do it and if you destroy some shit we will have all learned a leason.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
They work but you cant run a 325 rear and a 275 front on the same wheel on an awd without causing issues

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts
They work but you cant run a 325 rear and a 275 front on the same wheel on an awd without causing issues
I just went outside to confirm the physical roll out on my truck with an undersized 325/45R17 up front (measures the same as a 275/50R17, because they are narrow) and a nominally sized 325/45R17 out back; both on 9.5" wide wheels. I have a 125' long driveway so I used the full length.

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o......1c.1.64.serp..3.2.348...0i30k1.CINM3142KF0

Initially with 30psi in all four the roll out was off, not horrible, but noticeable.

Then I dropped the rears to 25psi and kept the fronts at 30psi, this demonstrated a very small variance in roll out front to rear.

Finally, I dropped the fronts to 25psi and the rears to 20psi and had the same (if not more) favourable result.

It is important to note that weight bias F to R will influence this, especially with such soft sidewalls. One thing I cannot account for in this testing is tire growth (I am unsure of the growith/stretch ratio for an M&H Drag Radial) at speed going down the track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts