Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an NP120 which is the transfer case on the tbss. It has a 27 spline input shaft and I want to mate it to my t56 with SSR 32 spline main shaft.

Anyone know if they make a 32 spline input shaft for the transfer case?

I know they Make it for other transfer cases, but they don't look the same, so I'm not sure if it'll fit or not.

Any suggestions?

Also, it's not for a tbss, I'm building a custom awd car, but just using the tbss transfer case and front diff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The splines don't go all the way down like the input shafts for other gm transfer cases (np246, np261 etc).

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
I'm bringing this back from the dead. Did you ever find one? I need one also to use the 4L80E. I know you can get a custom 27 spline 4L80E output shaft but it's stupid to intentionally weaken the trans. The SYTY guys running billet 27 spline output shafts in their transmissions are breaking them at 600hp. The SYTY guys running 32 spline transfer case input shafts are fine, their next weakest link is their transfer case.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
TBMSport makes a 32 spline input shaft for the transfer case. It is required for their 6L80E/6L90E kits. Not sure if it's the same shaft diameter or not, but it's an easy swap. I did mine a few weeks ago.

Tim
Tim you are AWESOME! Thank you so much! I can't seem to locate a link to purchase it, though. I found it on their website but I don't see an option to purchase it? This is all I see:

True Blue Motorsport

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
508 Posts

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
Thanks for the link. If anyone gets a hold of that guy please let me know I would like one as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
323 Posts
I really thin swapping to an nv149 swap with the 4l80e is the best option right now.

Even with a 32 spline input shaft for the stock tbss case we still need a 5 bolt to 6 bolt adapter to mate it to a 4l80e extension housing.

The nv149 is already a 6 bolt case so it bolts right up to the 6 bolt 4l80e extension housing

Plus i personally like the feel of the viscous coupler style cases best.

Im really not a fan of the open differential style cases. I have a bw 4485 in my 05 denali and im not a fan.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
508 Posts
Thanks for the link. If anyone gets a hold of that guy please let me know I would like one as well.
Looks like he stopped making them in 2012. I'm guessing all the Silverado SS guys that wanted them had bought them and the TBSS community hadn't gotten on board yet. Seems that there is a lot of interest if the guy would be willing to make another batch.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
77 Posts
MV-149 is a nice piece and the way to go. My buddy knows the guy. I'll find out if he has an interest in making them again.

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
I've sourced a couple NV-149 transfer cases. Anyone have any luck contacting the guy. I'm not on sss, but even if someone could pass his info to me I would really like to contact him. Even if he chooses to not make them anymore, if the prints could be had, i think there is enough interest that it wouldn't be hard to find another shop to turn them.

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts
I've sourced a couple NV-149 transfer cases. Anyone have any luck contacting the guy. I'm not on sss, but even if someone could pass his info to me I would really like to contact him. Even if he chooses to not make them anymore, if the prints could be had, i think there is enough interest that it wouldn't be hard to find another shop to turn them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts