Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
It sucks paying the high premium, but I had to do it. :(

They normally sell for $47.00. I called in my order and they said it takes 3-5 days to clear credit card transactions. Jesus!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sucks paying the high premium, but I had to do it. :(

They normally sell for $47.00. I called in my order and they said it takes 3-5 days to clear credit card transactions. Jesus!
Tell me about it!!! LAME!!! I paypaled though, so it may be quicker, who knows! You should have had me buy it under my paypal...

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
I've NEVER seen them for $47. Even Phoenix Trans quoted $79. So $85 shipped sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've NEVER seen them for $47. Even Phoenix Trans quoted $79. So $85 shipped sounds about right.
I usually have wholesale on everything, so thats what im used to, but im fine paying $85 shipped since they arent available!

·
Banned
237 Posts
Tell me about it!!! LAME!!! I paypaled though, so it may be quicker, who knows! You should have had me buy it under my paypal...
I have PayPal, but I was using credit card. They said it still takes 3-5 days to make sure the PayPal payment clears.

At any rate, the guy at Phoenix didn't believe they really had the right parts in stock. He said, "if you get the part, more power to ya!"

·
Banned
237 Posts
I usually have wholesale on everything, so thats what im used to, but im fine paying $85 shipped since they arent available!
I was also told by a few tranny shops that they'd be available by the end of the month. This is not true. Raybestos has had a manufactoring problem with the adhesive and they are all sticking to each other. The glue used in the manufactoring process is just way to sticky. They have not even given an ETA to any wholesale vendors!

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
So why would we want these if there is a manufacturing problem with the Z-pak? If the glue they're using is too sticky, what did they use in these?

·
Banned
237 Posts
So why would we want these if there is a manufacturing problem with the Z-pak? If the glue they're using is too sticky, what did they use in these?
That's a good question. From what I was told they switched to a different adhesive and it's been a nightmare. These are before the nightmare started.

This z-pak is used in all major tranny builds. They are awesome.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Around how much is a install for these?
You would buy this with the rest of the tranny goodies. I have been wanting to build my tranny, but with the nationwide back order I couldn't finish. I didn't want to yank my tranny out twice.

I spent $85.00 shipped for the 3/4 z-pak. The rest of the parts were $1150 or so. Should give me some reliable time with my mods. It won't last forever, but with 4800lbs and lots of power you'll never have a one-time only transmission build.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You would buy this with the rest of the tranny goodies. I have been wanting to build my tranny, but with the nationwide back order I couldn't finish. I didn't want to yank my tranny out twice.

I spent $85.00 shipped for the 3/4 z-pak. The rest of the parts were $1150 or so. Should give me some reliable time with my mods. It won't last forever, but with 4800lbs and lots of power you'll never have a one-time only transmission build.
Word!:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a good question. From what I was told they switched to a different adhesive and it's been a nightmare. These are before the nightmare started.

This z-pak is used in all major tranny builds. They are awesome.
This is straight from the Product Development Engineer...

"No.

We have never had an issue with the adhesives. The issue has been with the scheduling at the plant. Since the plant is held to OE contracts which demand such high volumes of product they always take care of the OE contracts first. We are in the process of correcting our dependency on that."

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
Funny how the seller keeps adding to the number available even though they are backordered. There were only 10 left after I bought, and as of now, there are 15. Got mine in the kitchen though...and I've bought from that seller before with no problems at all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The price went up also. I got mine from him for $68.50 now they are $75.00

1 - 17 of 17 Posts