Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and will be picking up this tuner Monday. Should I set everything to max? I have a 07 TBSS 40k miles the only mod I just did was a K&N CAI kit.
I want to make the trans feel more responsive. Anyone use this tuner? Any precautions I should take? Most of all is this tuner a waste of money at this time?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I just installed it a week ago. Noticed more power but one thing that bothers me is the hard shifts when accelerating quickly.
Thats like saying you like getting off but hate the sex that proceeds it.

You bought a performance automatic SUV hard shifts will ensue when you start modding.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Good luck, I recommend selling it. Make sure to listen for knock unless they have upgraded thier CAI tune....that was my problem with them back in the day.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I installed this superchip in my tbss over a year ago and it made a huge difference, I love it and never had a problem with it....
Whats your basis for "huge difference" on? Ever had a custom tune? These canned tunes are garbage still leaving plenty on the table.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Pretty much ppl that I ran before that took me and after I installed it I took em like nothing, I guess everybody has there own opinion on stuff...
This is true. Much room for speculation.... but most of us here have ran a canned tune, off the shelf vs. a custom tune specific for your vehicle and mods.

further if your running a CAI and this superchips handheld I'll bet the barn your running lean.

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
3 Posts
Well here in houston mostly every truck I ran has a cam, custom tune and all these different mods to there trucks and I take em like nothing just with the superchip they all think I'm spraying but I'm not that's why I say it makes a big difference

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
469 Posts
so before I google this... is this the type of chip I could just download a new tune for, like say powercommander fuel management systems... or would I have to pay for new tunes? and how much is the chip?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts